Do you need a 4x4 to tour Curacao?

BoozinCroozin

We are going to the ABCs. Most likely renting a Jeep in Aruba because it is pretty much required where we want to go. Curacao isn't as clear whether one is needed or not. Since there are fewer rentals with them, I am guessing not. However, I do not know for certain. Our main point of interest is Playa Piskado and then maybe a few stops along the way getting back.

12 hours ago, carlmm said:

The main roads have a rather good standard, including to Westpunt. A normal car should be fine.

I emailed one of the rental car places. Very nice man replied fairly quickly. He said Curacao is not like Aruba where it is a necessity. He says a regular car is just fine. We gave an idea of what we wanted to do and he said any car will do. Main thing we want to do is go to Playa Piskado for turtles. Then trek back a few stops while heading back to port. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 5:46 PM, BoozinCroozin said:

I emailed one of the rental car places. Very nice man replied fairly quickly. He said Curacao is not like Aruba where it is a necessity. He says a regular car is just fine. We gave an idea of what we wanted to do and he said any car will do. Main thing we want to do is go to Playa Piskado for turtles. Then trek back a few stops while heading back to port. 

You may have been talking with Celistino from Advance Car rental.  We have used his service the past two visits and are booked with him again for August.  By far the best rental service you will ever get.  No need for a 4x4 on Curacao.  Roads are good.  We toured the majority of the island up to the northwest point our last visit.

• Like 3