Juneau/Icy Straight point tours info

lake53

Hi all!

We are first timers to Alaska. We have already booked some tours but we are going to play it year in Juneau and book something at the dock like other ports. Is this possible or a bad idea. We’re sailing  peak season early July. 
one other question does  anyone have info on the rope course in Icy Straight Point? 
Thank you 😀

Do you mean the zip line?  It gets good reviews.  I thought the price seemed high for such a short ride, but heck my husband went on the bobsled in Utah and that was fast, short, and expensive.  I prefer a zip with multiple lines.  

Depends on what you want to do in Juneau.  We didn't tour last time, and only plan on DIY to Mendenhall this trip.  

There are tours available at the dock. If there is something you are really interested in, I would consider booking in advance, just to make sure you have a spot.

I did the whale watching / Mendenhall glacier combo tour with Juneau Whale Watch last month and would recommend it. The boat only held about 25 passengers and there was plenty of room on deck to view the whales without feeling crowded. They also go to the glacier after whale watching tour and have return buses every 1/2 hour so you can stay as long as you choose at the glacier, as long as you leave enough time to return to your ship. 

https://www.juneauwhalewatch.com/tours/mendenhall-glacier-juneau-whale-watching-combo-tour/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JT1962 said:

There are tours available at the dock. If there is something you are really interested in, I would consider booking in advance, just to make sure you have a spot.

I did the whale watching / Mendenhall glacier combo tour with Juneau Whale Watch last month and would recommend it. The boat only held about 25 passengers and there was plenty of room on deck to view the whales without feeling crowded. They also go to the glacier after whale watching tour and have return buses every 1/2 hour so you can stay as long as you choose at the glacier, as long as you leave enough time to return to your ship. 

https://www.juneauwhalewatch.com/tours/mendenhall-glacier-juneau-whale-watching-combo-tour/

Thank you for the info!  Yes Mendenhall is on our list.  We will look into the tour you did. 

2 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Do you mean the zip line?  It gets good reviews.  I thought the price seemed high for such a short ride, but heck my husband went on the bobsled in Utah and that was fast, short, and expensive.  I prefer a zip with multiple lines.  

Depends on what you want to do in Juneau.  We didn't tour last time, and only plan on DIY to Mendenhall this trip.  

We’re doing a multi Zip in Skagway. I saw there was a place in Icy Straight that had rope bridges kinda like an obstacle course.