Is early luggage drop off available?

K1mmyD

We arrive around 8:30 am departure day and We do not check in for boarding until 1pm. We would love to drop off our luggage at the port and 

kill some time in Miami without carting our luggage everywhere. Has anyone done this?

9 hours ago, K1mmyD said:

We arrive around 8:30 am departure day and We do not check in for boarding until 1pm. We would love to drop off our luggage at the port and 

kill some time in Miami without carting our luggage everywhere. Has anyone done this?

To my knowledge there is no place to drop off your luggage at the port early. Your best bet would be to look up the Port Miami website and see if there is any service available. My guess is "no" but I could be wrong. 

I cruised with Virgin on Scarlet Lady last week and was able to check in my luggage with them when I arrived at the port early. I'm not sure what time they begin offering it, but it was available when we arrived around 11:30. They also provided a free shuttle bus between the cruise terminal and Bayside Mall. I was really impressed because I thought I'd just be sitting on a bench outside! Hope that helps and enjoy your trip!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bellanotte12 said:

I cruised with Virgin on Scarlet Lady last week and was able to check in my luggage with them when I arrived at the port early. I'm not sure what time they begin offering it, but it was available when we arrived around 11:30. They also provided a free shuttle bus between the cruise terminal and Bayside Mall. I was really impressed because I thought I'd just be sitting on a bench outside! Hope that helps and enjoy your trip!

That's really impressive! Especially the shuttle service to the mall. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 3:55 PM, bellanotte12 said:

Thank You, that helps. 🙂

3 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

I can also confirm that they were there at 11:30 AM but I would also love to know the earliest time they actually accept luggage. 

we debarked around 10:30-10:45, and folks were already there dropping luggage for the next voyage.  i think they must generally be there from 9-4 or so to deal with offloading all the bags, then loading the new ones on

We arrived around 11 ish and the porter was ready to take our bags. They will NOT take your carry ons, so you have to keep those with you. Since we drove, we left those in the car while we went to the Bayside Marketplace.

I will say getting back from Bayside was a cluster. As we walked back to the meeting place for the shuttle at 1:30 we saw it leaving. Waited 45 minutes, no shuttle returned and no phone number to call to get information. We ended up taking a Lyft back to the Terminal with another couple who were also stranded. When we checked in the Rock Star agents were rather upset and told us we should not have been left there and the shuttle should continue to run much later. They didn't reimburse the cost of the Lyft but our friends were given on board credit on the ship to make up for it. 

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if this service (shuttle) is currently functioning? We have 1:45 check-in with a flight that arrives at 8:45. I see a restaurant (Seaman Cafe) close to Terminal V which I'd hoped to utilize for an early lunch, but the shuttle to Bayside would be great. Dropping off our bag early would be wonderful as I'm the "pack mule" while DH uses a small mobility scooter.

Last I knew, the shuttle is operating and you can drop your luggage with the porters any time in the morning.  THe above report is not the first I've seen about shuttle trouble coming back.  VV says they are supposed to run with the last return to ship at 3:30, but that doesn't seem to happen sometimes.

On 3/16/2023 at 5:33 AM, cantgetin said:

Last I knew, the shuttle is operating and you can drop your luggage with the porters any time in the morning.  THe above report is not the first I've seen about shuttle trouble coming back.  VV says they are supposed to run with the last return to ship at 3:30, but that doesn't seem to happen sometimes.

Thanks for the reply. If we don't have our suitcase, we might be able to catch Coral Way trolley if the VV shuttle doesn't show. At least we can be more flexible without the rolling bag. 

• 3 months later...