When will air be determined

smj

1 hour ago, janetcbl said:

After our first trip we have always booked ourselves. Everything went okay on that first trip, but I always “felt out of control”. We leave Thursday for a VOC. I booked our tickets myself with plenty of time between flights. I had to book our own arrival transfers,  but we are able to join the group transfer at the end of the trip. We shall see how it goes in these crazy travel times, but I am glad I booked our flights and not VA.

I am with you about feeling out of control.  Frankly speaking we have taken over 25 cruises and I book everything myself, except for this first Viking Ocean cruise. We received free air as a Viking promotion when COVID really reduced demand in Feb 2021.  This is the first time we used a Travel Agent also, but I called Viking air directly, so I can stay in control of the solution directly.  Have a enjoyable time on your upcoming cruise this week.  Ours is August 18, with a six day land pre cruise booked on our own.

9 hours ago, ohiojohn said:

I am at 61 days out and our flights have been ticketed for awhile on Delta.  I found these flights about 330 days out and the flight times have not changed that much.  Yesterday I noticed I had only 1 leg of the 5 leg roundtrip on the Delta website.  Did panic set in, YEP.  I did have Premium Economy and Comfort Class depending on the aircraft, and used Viking Air+ with a deviation.  Currently, on the phone with Viking Air+ representatives.  They told me I was changed to Lufthansa.  They have re-established my previous flights except one international flight.  The international flight in question does not have any seats available in the class I paid for.  So, currently they offered coach class with a small refund.  I re-emphasized they made the change without authorization.  So after 2+ hours on the phone the supervisor will call Monday and try for a solution.  Am I happy about this, nope  I do have the supervisors contact info.  I will add the Viking Air reps were professional and knowledgable and apologized for the error.

It is schedule change Saturday for Delta.  Wait until late Monday and look at your flights again.

22 minutes ago, SDHusker said:

It is schedule change Saturday for Delta.  Wait until late Monday and look at your flights again.

That is not the problem.  Delta’s schedule change if one did occur today, did not effect the routes I was original ticketed for.

On 6/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, keokukjoe said:

That is awful. Please let us know how this turns out.. Good luck!!

Today, Tuesday Viking Air resolved the issue.  They exceeded my expectations on many levels.  They were very professional and I would use Viking Air+ again.  They earned my future business for sure.  I could not have asked for any other additional accommodations. 

• Like 3

Stupid question here… we have used Air Plus in the past and have it for an upcoming cruise, but for the life of me I can’t remember where I got the phone number to contact them… can some kind soul point me in the right direction?

thanks!

12 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

Stupid question here… we have used Air Plus in the past and have it for an upcoming cruise, but for the life of me I can’t remember where I got the phone number to contact them… can some kind soul point me in the right direction?

thanks!

try this. (877) 523-0580