Carnival Horizon Havana Aft Deck 8

Overwhelming

Can I please get some help with this area?  Are these balconies private ?  Hot?  Soot?

We have one that we booked several months ago but I see that most of the surrounding cabins are still open?  I am concerned that I made a bad choice.  Any advice would be appreciated.

We loved our aft extended balcony on deck 8.  Great view overlooking the Havana area and of course, the wake. We did not have an issue with soot or noise.  If there was a lack of privacy, it didn't bother me at all.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lazydayz said:

We loved our aft extended balcony on deck 8.  Great view overlooking the Havana area and of course, the wake. We did not have an issue with soot or noise.  If there was a lack of privacy, it didn't bother me at all.  

Did your balcony have much shade? Thanks.

We had a Havana aft wrap on deck 8.  Loved the cabin and location.  No soot at all when we sailed.  There was a slight overhand on our balcony, but since it wrapped around the corner we could move into sun or shade when we wanted.  No noise at all from neighbors or Havana area.  The people above us could see us if we stood at the railing, and we could see those on the deck below if they stood on the railing.

Edited by pe4all
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've had an Aft Deck 6 Havana cabin on Vista, Horizon and Panorama. There can be issues with soot even down on the pool deck. But truthfully I don't remember it being an issue on any of our sailings until Panorama. On that boat our deck was covered in soot and there were issues down on the pool deck. Would this convince me NOT to book an aft cabin in Havana? Absolutely NOT! These have been my favorite cabins. I love the Havana area and vibe, staff and Deck 6 is the perfect location once you know where the "secret" stairway is. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 3:11 PM, Overwhelming said:

Can I please get some help with this area?  Are these balconies private ?  Hot?  Soot?

We have one that we booked several months ago but I see that most of the surrounding cabins are still open?  I am concerned that I made a bad choice.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

We have just returned from the Horizon and there are serious issues with the engine which resulted in soot being deposited on a daily basis over the rear cabins and Havana areas.

Balcony Hand rail Deck 9.jpeg

Cabin Dividing Wall.jpeg

Havanna Deck.jpeg

Havanna Deck Scrubber in Action.jpeg

Havanna Deck, Morning.jpeg

Port Side cabin.jpeg

Port Side Deck 8.jpeg

Sea Day Havanna Area.jpeg

• Thanks 1