Uber/Lyft Port Canaveral to Orlando Hotel

AndySFC

We are disembarking from Port Canaveral Sunday 21 August and need to get to an Orlando hotel, 4 passengers and 3 Cases.

Any ideas what the  Uber/Lyft XL service is like from the port, would we struggle?

I recently got off a TA from Barcelona to Port Canaveral.  We ordered an Uber once we got outside the terminal and he was there in about 10 minutes.  We were going to Melbourne which is  a little less distance and we had absolutely no trouble.  We didn't have any tolls like there is on the 528 so I don't know how that gets factored in but you should be fine.  Have fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I recently got off a TA from Barcelona to Port Canaveral.  We ordered an Uber once we got outside the terminal and he was there in about 10 minutes.  We were going to Melbourne which is  a little less distance and we had absolutely no trouble.  We didn't have any tolls like there is on the 528 so I don't know how that gets factored in but you should be fine.  Have fun.

I have done some test bookings and the price seems ok although that is likely to vary. When I try a booking for 'now' there are always XL's available, however when I try a future bookings they don't seem to show up. Maybe that's just a quirk of the app.

4 hours ago, AndySFC said:

We are disembarking from Port Canaveral Sunday 21 August and need to get to an Orlando hotel, 4 passengers and 3 Cases.

Any ideas what the  Uber/Lyft XL service is like from the port, would we struggle?

I would price a rental car.  (unless you plan on drinking those 3 cases)

Budget, Avis, National are all close to the port.  

• Like 1

You won't be able to book that far out.  On a Sunday a week before your cruise, do a mock booking for a pickup at the same time as your expected disembarkation and see what the price and timing is to get a good idea.   Note that drivers are not given the destination before they accept, but will be alerted that it's a long drive (over 45 minutes).  This can work in your favor or to your detriment.  Some might jump on it for the money, and hope (or assume) it's to the airport or theme park areas where they can get quickly get another fare.  Another driver might have just been burned by a long ride away from populated area with no hope of another nearby pickup and will pass on any more long trips. 

The good news is PC to Orlando is a very common route so hopefully there will be plenty of availability, but expect to pay over $100 for a standard car and over $150 for an XL.  Given that, and any other rides you may need locally, consider what @gcelkk suggested and look into a rental car.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rudeney said:

You won't be able to book that far out.  On a Sunday a week before your cruise, do a mock booking for a pickup at the same time as your expected disembarkation and see what the price and timing is to get a good idea.   Note that drivers are not given the destination before they accept, but will be alerted that it's a long drive (over 45 minutes).  This can work in your favor or to your detriment.  Some might jump on it for the money, and hope (or assume) it's to the airport or theme park areas where they can get quickly get another fare.  Another driver might have just been burned by a long ride away from populated area with no hope of another nearby pickup and will pass on any more long trips. 

The good news is PC to Orlando is a very common route so hopefully there will be plenty of availability, but expect to pay over $100 for a standard car and over $150 for an XL.  Given that, and any other rides you may need locally, consider what @gcelkk suggested and look into a rental car.  

Sounds like good advice, as far as the price goes I was expecting around $150 so that fits in with my thinking. Hopefully all will work out as it sounds like it shouldn't be too much of an issue.. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcelkk said:

I would price a rental car.  (unless you plan on drinking those 3 cases)

Budget, Avis, National are all close to the port.  

I have considered a car as it would probably work out cheaper than an uber/lyft however I want to avoid all the pick up and drop off rigmarole. And drinking is a distinct possibility 🤪

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Just saying that there's an "Enter....." car rental location about 3 miles from the port.  You could then drop it off at Orlando Airport when you're done.  Say hi to Mickey if you go there  😅

We have a car on the way to the port and dropping it off within walking distance as I don't want to rely on 3rd party transport on the way there. We are going to hire a car a little after the cruise but we have to pay for parking at the hotel and rental prices right now are sky high. After the calculations it works out cheaper for the Uber/Lyft unless rental prices drop considerably. However I will keep my options open until the last minute 🙂