What Does "One Free Cruise Change" Mean?

MsTabbyKats

4 hours ago, talljules1 said:

That's a good question! We've already changed our cabin via our TA from a YC Balcony suite to a Duplex via our TA (who has been on the lookout since we made the booking, because this is the room we really wanted). Does this count as the 1 free change?

If you read the asterisk for one free change it says 

* The free cruise change is applicable either on the cruise dates or on the destination. Such change needs to be performed up to 1 month before departure, for a new cruise to sail within 3 months from the original departure. Any cruise change shall be requested through our contact centers 

• Like 1

Would there be an issue in pulling it further forward from the three months though generally? So from say November to July? I suppose the stated policy is to the contrary of that but I just couldn't imagine why they'd have a problem with it since it would seem to be to their advantage

On 6/27/2022 at 7:57 PM, sm9690 said:

I read it as long as you do it 15 days before departure, you can change to any other cruise as long as the cost is higher than what you've paid

I think if the change of cruise was before the balance for the cruise was paid, if authorised by MSC (additional changes of cruise/date over and above the "one free cruise change"), the travel agent can rebook on the same or a different cruise which is cheaper. This was the case last summer.