What are the NOT TO BE MISSED things to do on NCL Dawn? (and any other tips too)

Ruski007

Thanks to all for these great tips! We are NCL newbies going on the Dawn on 11/5. I am copying and pasting all the info in this thread into a document to print out and give to everyone in my group. This is fantastic info!

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...
And, a tip I learned on these boards..bring a highlighter to mark where you want to go. Easier when you check your daily during the day.

And, there are extra dailies down in the Atrium if you forget to bring yours with you and also they are in many different languages.

Excellent info... I forgot my highlighter one cruise and I was lost :eek:

Nancy

Thanks to all for these great tips! We are NCL newbies going on the Dawn on 11/5. I am copying and pasting all the info in this thread into a document to print out and give to everyone in my group. This is fantastic info!Kathy

That is so funny! That's what I just did for our 10/29 cruise :D

You must go to the spa pools [whirlpools and wave pool]. They are great. No only that, but the lounge seats at the back of the spa are a great view of the wake of the ship---very peaceful! The lounges to the side near the dressingrooms also have these loungers and are great when there are no "seminars" there.

Well sorry to say......the spa is no longer "free" folks. There is now a $60 per person per cruise...$15 per person per day charge to enter the spa and use the facilities there....even the lounge chairs. :(

On a lighter note....don't miss the "escargo" at Le Bistro's... (ewwwe for myself but my hubby loves them ;) )

Don't miss the "fish and chips" at the Blue Lagoon

If your area family and book two balcony cabins next to each other...ask your room steward to open up the partition....makes a nice big balcony.

Lastly....my husband is a night worker so at home I generally have our king bed to myself but on our last cruise I was exhausted from not sleeping due to my husbands snoring soooo....if your husband or wife snores and you know it's going to be rough sleeping take a blow up air mattress and sleep out on the balcony, that is where I slept most of our cruise but the hard lounge chair was the pits and ....ear plugs do not work for me. Hmmm...maybe I should make him sleep out there...LOL! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
This is a great tip.We learned this one after showing up in the wrong place or at the wrong time for several activities. We thought we could remember where we were supposed to be. After showing up at the Captains gala in the wrong place, we started carrying ours with us :mad:
I can not stress enough how helpful it was carrying around my freestyle daily. It was always: camera, key card, freestyle daily. And great idea about the highlighter...I didn't bring one, but I will for sure next time!

Martini Clinic. Go to the second one (normally the last sea day) it will be way less crowded and you will be able to choose your own martinis from the very extensive list (other times when there are a lot of people they are chosen for you).

The poolside sailaway BBQ -- typically happens when you are sailing out of port, not sure if it was on the first day though

CAGNEYS! Most talk on this board is about Le Bistro... I enjoyed Cagney's much more... go for the Ribeye!

Free Champagne and Mimosas in the main shop some mornings. This was not announced, we just happened to stumble upon it. Right above the Venetian... take some to breakfast with you!

Fries at the Bimini bar! Sooo crispy!!

Read a book or take a nap on Deck 7.... very relaxing

See Second City if they are still on board... and go to the improv workshop if you like them

Bring a power strip (for your phone, Ipod, alarm clock)

Be sure to go to the Star Bar for cocktails... GREAT martini list (as mentioned above)

Be sure to catch people making fools of themselves in Dazzles for kareoki (spelling)

Don't miss the pound cake at Blue Lagoon

The trivia contests are fun, not a fan of progressive though, it's hard to make it every time. Have some fish and chips while you play!

This thread was great to find. We are leaving for NYC in 94 minutes, and boarding the Dawn on Sunday. Thanks so much for all the helpful tips, we'll be sure to try them alll out! Especially the chocolate Buffet:)

Cheers,

We had are first honeymoon on the Dawn and it's been 3 years for us so enjoy every minute, you will have a great time!!

Archived