Uniworld Rhine

scottjeanne

We boarded in Amsterdam yesterday.  We had no issues but many people had the wrong luggage in their room.  I have a major issue with Uniworld.  We were assured that through 2022 all passengers would be fully vaccinated and we would need to show proof upon boarding.  That did not happen.  As this is a “generation” cruise, there are  more children than adults and I am sure many are not fully vaccinated.  No one is wearing masks so I am afraid of a massive Covid outbreak. This is a very bad policy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

How do you know there are unvaxed pac?

Unvaccinated as an assumption based on age may lead to unnecessary worry. As far as I know the US and some other countries are very big on demanding children over the age of 12 to be fully vaccinated on a river cruise. Also German companies did this until very recently and some will continue to do so during Summer and even possibly for the rest of the year. A look in the small print of Uniworld could do the trick of finding this out. Between the ages of 6 and 12 I am not sure.

Needless to say that the more people mingle in an "uncontrolled fashion" the more likely there will be many cases (if there is an original spark, i.e. one person bringing it on board).

Hope you can calm down a bit and enjoy the cruise as much as possible (easier said than done, I know). I honestly would have problems myself being at ease in your situation.

notamermaid

I understand your concern being on a “generations” cruise. I am currently on a uniworld cruise with 77 passengers out of a capacity of 128. We are on the river queen. I have not seen anyone younger

than low ‘20s.

on the river queen, we are not experiencing any problems that I have seen. Service is excellent, food has been very good after the initial luncheon upon embarkation was merely OK. Weather has been terrific, and excursions have been fun.

• Like 2

More than half the passengers on this cruise are children, many under 12, some under 6.  Since the USA just started allowing children under 5 to be vaccinated this month, they cannot be “fully” vaccinated.  And since the status was not checked, they are not following their written policies.