Mardi Gras Havana Cabana?

toby #1

We have a Havana Cabana balcony on Mardi Gras, I heard the bathrooms are super small.

I always have a shoe holder on the bathroom door for cosmetics etc.  Would that get in the way?

I hate clutter and I don't like people touching my things.

Thanks.

The bathrooms are very small. I don't think you will have room on the floor.  There are two shelves on the wall. The shelf that flows into the sink and then a small shelf underneath that where the extra toilet paper and tissues are stored.  I used a hanging cosmetic bag that I hung on the towel rod which gave me more space.  There is also an adjustable magnifying mirror.  

On 7/5/2022 at 10:39 AM, toby #1 said:

I always have a shoe holder on the bathroom door for cosmetics etc.  Would that get in the way?

I don't think it would get in the way.  Yes, the bathrooms are smaller (and just arranged differently) but when you are standing at the sink, the door (where you would hang the organizer) would be right behind you.  Whereas on the older ships, it would be to your side.  You could always try it and hang it on one of the closet doors if the bathroom door doesn't work for you.

• Like 1

We sailed on the Mardi Gras in February in a Havana Balcony.  I really did not like it compared to the Havana rooms/area on the Vista and Horizon. The room is super tight, including the bathroom.  On other ships two singles are separated by the two nightstands so you have some breathing room but not on the Mardi Gras -- I would say there is maybe six inches between the beds.  The Havana area was also very small.  I moved from Havana to Spa cabin for our Christmas Celebration cruise as I did use the spa a lot on the Mardi Gras.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 2:38 PM, csm5986142 said:

I don't think it would get in the way.  Yes, the bathrooms are smaller (and just arranged differently) but when you are standing at the sink, the door (where you would hang the organizer) would be right behind you.  Whereas on the older ships, it would be to your side.  You could always try it and hang it on one of the closet doors if the bathroom door doesn't work for you.

Thank you, I didn't want to bring it if I had to leave it in the suitcase.

I really like having all my things close by, it saves me a lot of time, and that way the cleaners don't have to clean around my cosmetics, shampoos etc. ( I overpack)

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 3:19 PM, nycny said:

We sailed on the Mardi Gras in February in a Havana Balcony.  I really did not like it compared to the Havana rooms/area on the Vista and Horizon. The room is super tight, including the bathroom.  On other ships two singles are separated by the two nightstands so you have some breathing room but not on the Mardi Gras -- I would say there is maybe six inches between the beds.  The Havana area was also very small.  I moved from Havana to Spa cabin for our Christmas Celebration cruise as I did use the spa a lot on the Mardi Gras.

ack!  I keep hearing this. After getting off the Horizon, we loved everything about our havana cabana, seems we are going to be dissapointed on the Celebration.

16 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

ack!  I keep hearing this. After getting off the Horizon, we loved everything about our havana cabana, seems we are going to be dissapointed on the Celebration.

Maybe not.  Yes, typical rooms are smaller on Mardi Gras/Celebration, but we've been on Mardi Gras twice (once in the Havana Cabana and once we had connecting extended "hump" balconies) and we noticed the more confined space, but there is just so much to do on that ship, we were hardly in the room.  Because of that, we have gone down to a regular balcony room for Celebration, and an inside room on Jubilee.  

I would have loved to do a Havana Cabana again, but I just couldn't justify the added cost when we spent so little time in the room.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

Maybe not.  Yes, typical rooms are smaller on Mardi Gras/Celebration, but we've been on Mardi Gras twice (once in the Havana Cabana and once we had connecting extended "hump" balconies) and we noticed the more confined space, but there is just so much to do on that ship, we were hardly in the room.  Because of that, we have gone down to a regular balcony room for Celebration, and an inside room on Jubilee.  

I would have loved to do a Havana Cabana again, but I just couldn't justify the added cost when we spent so little time in the room.

we didn't spend much time in the room either but we spent A LOT of time in the havana pool area. Only ventured out of the area during lunch to grab a bite to eat. We got a pretty good price on the Havana Cabana on Celebration. The price has gone up about $900 since we booked.

I would never pay the current rate for that room. Since cruising is getting back to normal the prices are going higher and higher for the Cabana rooms. May be our last cruise in the Cabana room, especially with retirement coming in less than a year.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated!🙂

• Like 1