WORLD EUROPA - DUBAI - MARCH 25, 2023

On 7/19/2022 at 8:54 PM, marcoigna said:

Looks very easy for a Visa for Saudi Arabia.  Special cruise ship visa

https://www.saudiarabiaonlinevisas.com/e-maritime-visa-cruise-tourists/amp/

MSC Canada response to you is useless @NWT Cruiser- they are never helpful and seem to just follow a script, instead of at-least guiding you in the right direction.    However they seems to know the rules suddenly when checking in.  😳😳😳. Just sayin.  My opinion. 

Hi was wondering if you had applied for your Saudi e-maritime visa and what the cost was? 
My wife and I are sailing on MSC World Europa on the 10th March from Dubai. 
We are from Scotland.  We  are having a week in Mauritius before we join the cruise. I spoke to MSC on the phone today and they said you still needed a visa. 

On 7/19/2022 at 8:54 PM, marcoigna said:

Looks very easy for a Visa for Saudi Arabia.  Special cruise ship visa

https://www.saudiarabiaonlinevisas.com/e-maritime-visa-cruise-tourists/amp/

MSC Canada response to you is useless @NWT Cruiser- they are never helpful and seem to just follow a script, instead of at-least guiding you in the right direction.    However they seems to know the rules suddenly when checking in.  😳😳😳. Just sayin.  My opinion. 

Have you actually applied for this visa for Saudi Arabia that you say it is so easy?

if you have how long did it take to get your visa?

I need one and want to know how long they take to email it to you. 

• 1 month later...

Hi I’m new to this group, we are travelling from Doha to Barcelona on MSC World Europa 

I asked MSC the visa question 

they send through a list of instructions for the Mofa Saudi Arabia visa web site, I tried, my Husband tried , my son tried, seems to be fault on the site some compulsory drop down boxes didn’t work B****y nightmare,  we all gave up

im thinking off changing or cancelling the cruise , even if we don’t get off in Jeddah we still need the visa 

is anyone else having this problem please I need help

Pat Tearle

30 minutes ago, 2dolly said:

@2dolly   Yes had the same issue.  I eventually did on my laptop as mobile devices or iPads would not work.   After a few hours - got all completed.  Had same issues - thrn with payments.   But all good now.   Try again and make sure doing from laptop.  

1 hour ago, marcoigna said:

@2dolly   Yes had the same issue.  I eventually did on my laptop as mobile devices or iPads would not work.   After a few hours - got all completed.  Had same issues - thrn with payments.   But all good now.   Try again and make sure doing from laptop.  

Thanks for reply,  my son got through as far as payment but no further then it said we had to have insurance, it didn’t ask for our insurance but wanted us to buy some from them , we are most confused and stressed with it 

😩😩😩

On 1/15/2023 at 7:10 PM, 2dolly said:

Thanks for reply,  my son got through as far as payment but no further then it said we had to have insurance, it didn’t ask for our insurance but wanted us to buy some from them , we are most confused and stressed with it 

😩😩😩

You cannot skip the insurance section.   Must pick one.  The cheapest is fine.  Good luck 

On 1/15/2023 at 10:11 PM, 2dolly said:

Hi I’m new to this group, we are travelling from Doha to Barcelona on MSC World Europa 

I asked MSC the visa question 

they send through a list of instructions for the Mofa Saudi Arabia visa web site, I tried, my Husband tried , my son tried, seems to be fault on the site some compulsory drop down boxes didn’t work B****y nightmare,  we all gave up

im thinking off changing or cancelling the cruise , even if we don’t get off in Jeddah we still need the visa 

is anyone else having this problem please I need help

Pat Tearle

I’ve just looked at 5be visa it’s around £120 each is that right?

3 hours ago, marcoigna said:

If you mean the Saudi visa - then no - that is way too much.  Transit via is more like 15-20 pounds.  

I do mean the Saudi visa, I thought I used your link, I’m going to try again now. Thanks for  your help 😊 

Out of interest are you using MSC for your day trips?

15 hours ago, Barbie66 said:

I do mean the Saudi visa, I thought I used your link, I’m going to try again now. Thanks for  your help 😊 

Out of interest are you using MSC for your day trips?

Yes. For the Middle East ports - Italy we are winging it as have been there many times - so going to do things there according to weather.  

I'm a solo senior lady who loves cruises.  Have sailed MSA in the Caribbean and from Dubai to Yokohama in 2018.  Love the line!  Are there any other solo travelers from the States or Canada or Aussies or Kiwis???  Would really enjoy having a friend to dine with some evenings.  If anyone would like to correspond direct with me, the email is mhammond33@tampabay.rr.com    Looking forward to a reply from you.   Peggy

Hi friends,

not much information on shore excursions…I found this agent who can book either private tours for 4 or groups of 8 ….itineraries.are below…please email rini47@hotmail.com so that we can plan and get rates…

3. Abu Dhabi Half-Day City Tour

Pick Up: 0900 am from cruise terminal 
Drop Off: 0100 pm to cruise terminal 
Tour Type: Private 

Itinerary 

a. Sheikh Zayed mosque
b. Heritage Palace
c. Emirates palace
e. Yas Island tour

4. Abu Dhabi Full-Day City Tour

Drop Off: 0430 pm - 0500 pm to cruise terminal 

Itinerary 

a. Sheikh Zayed mosque
b. Heritage Palace
c. Emirates palace
d. Abu Dhabi marina
e. Yas Island tour
f. Bab Al Bahr souq
g. Louvre Abu Dhabi museum

5. Muscat Half-Day Tour 

Itinerary 

a. Sultani mosque
b. Mutrah souk
c. Al Alam sultani palace
d. Old muscat tour
e. Twin forts
f. Bait Alzubair

6. Jeddah Half-Day Cultural Tour

Pick Up: 1000 am from cruise terminal 
Drop Off: 0200 pm to cruise terminal 

Itinerary 

a. Bait Nassef
b. The old market
c. Al tayyebat international city and open museum
d. The new cornish
e. Al Shafai mosque 

On 1/23/2023 at 6:40 AM, DiddyDave said:

Hi can I ask what other people plan to do regarding Covid tests . We fly in 2 days before so cannot test before we fly out. MSC say 48hrs before for testing. I understand this is a requirement for a Grand Voyage. 

You should be able to organise a test in your hotel in Dubai. Normally about 24hr turnaround

Hi everyone.  We are also a couple from Australia, and very excited to go on this cruise. Just to help with some of the above questions.  We are flying in two days before too and have booked a Covid test appointment with Bluemed Home Health Care via Whatsapp (great communication and easy to organise).  Also followed this link for getting a visa for Sauda which it is currently under process but it worked and didnt take too long to do.  My partner advised the bank first that there would be a small payment and all processed well.  A couple of pre-info tips, you need to document what countries you have visited in the last five years including dates?, pay for medical insurance (a selection to choose from) by quite reasonable and pay for the visa in three payment processes one for medical insurance, one for processing and one for medical something else.  It can to approx. $44 AUD.  Here is the link to where you access the portal and one to follow how to fill it out.  Hope this helps.

https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Account/LoginIndividuals

https://msccruisesksa.com/saudi-arabia-travel-documents-visas/

1 minute ago, map1 said:

Hi everyone.  We are also a couple from Australia, and very excited to go on this cruise. Just to help with some of the above questions.  We are flying in two days before too and have booked a Covid test appointment with Bluemed Home Health Care via Whatsapp (great communication and easy to organise).  Also followed this link for getting a visa for Sauda which it is currently under process but it worked and didnt take too long to do.  My partner advised the bank first that there would be a small payment and all processed well.  A couple of pre-info tips, you need to document what countries you have visited in the last five years including dates?, pay for medical insurance (a selection to choose from) by quite reasonable and pay for the visa in three payment processes one for medical insurance, one for processing and one for medical something else.  It can to approx. $44 AUD.  Here is the link to where you access the portal and one to follow how to fill it out.  Hope this helps.

https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Account/LoginIndividuals

https://msccruisesksa.com/saudi-arabia-travel-documents-visas/

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 7:00 AM, rini47 said:

Hi friends,

not much information on shore excursions…I found this agent who can book either private tours for 4 or groups of 8 ….itineraries.are below…please email rini47@hotmail.com so that we can plan and get rates…

3. Abu Dhabi Half-Day City Tour

Itinerary 

a. Sheikh Zayed mosque
b. Heritage Palace
c. Emirates palace
e. Yas Island tour

4. Abu Dhabi Full-Day City Tour

Drop Off: 0430 pm - 0500 pm to cruise terminal 

Itinerary 

a. Sheikh Zayed mosque
b. Heritage Palace
c. Emirates palace
d. Abu Dhabi marina
e. Yas Island tour
f. Bab Al Bahr souq
g. Louvre Abu Dhabi museum

5. Muscat Half-Day Tour 

Itinerary 

a. Sultani mosque
b. Mutrah souk
c. Al Alam sultani palace
d. Old muscat tour
e. Twin forts
f. Bait Alzubair

6. Jeddah Half-Day Cultural Tour

Pick Up: 1000 am from cruise terminal 
Drop Off: 0200 pm to cruise terminal 

Itinerary 

a. Bait Nassef
b. The old market
c. Al tayyebat international city and open museum
d. The new cornish
e. Al Shafai mosque 

Hi, We are Susan and Soeren from Denmark and looking forward to the cruise, starting Dubai where we will stay 4 days before getting in board , and finishing in Genova. 

We have problems with the Saudi on-line system, but will keep on trying as well as trying to contact the Saudi embassy in Denmark.