WORLD EUROPA - DUBAI - MARCH 25, 2023

16 hours ago, Barbie66 said:

Hi

I’m still waiting for my visa application for Saudi to be approved from Friday last week, is this usual?

Good day.  With the online visa - if you completed all channels and paid the fees - the visa will be approved 2 days prior to arriving in Jeddah.  The ship apparently helps to print them off for you.  So all good. Just print out your application 

20 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

Good day.  With the online visa - if you completed all channels and paid the fees - the visa will be approved 2 days prior to arriving in Jeddah.  The ship apparently helps to print them off for you.  So all good. Just print out your application 

Thank you I was getting worried as other countries have a quick turnaround 😊

The group is very quiet on this roll call ☹️ I’m getting really excited now just 3 weeks to go and I’ll be in Dubai 😊, some sun shine at last!

On 2/23/2023 at 1:37 PM, Barbie66 said:

If I look for some private trips in Italy does anyone fancy joining me and my husband, I think I would need 4 or 6 people to make it worthwhile 😊

Hi.  I would be interested to join in at Genua. Do you already have any plans for this port? 

Edited by sab-mary

Some shire excursions…..but need minimum 8 to get a good rate

3. Abu Dhabi Half-Day City Tour

Pick Up: 0900 am from cruise terminal 
Drop Off: 0100 pm to cruise terminal 
Tour Type: Private 

Itinerary 

a. Sheikh Zayed mosque
b. Heritage Palace
c. Emirates palace
e. Yas Island tour

4. Abu Dhabi Full-Day City Tour

Drop Off: 0430 pm - 0500 pm to cruise terminal 

Itinerary 

a. Sheikh Zayed mosque
b. Heritage Palace
c. Emirates palace
d. Abu Dhabi marina
e. Yas Island tour
f. Bab Al Bahr souq
g. Louvre Abu Dhabi museum

5. Muscat Half-Day Tour 

Drop Off: 0100 pm to cruise terminal

Itinerary 

a. Sultani mosque
b. Mutrah souk
c. Al Alam sultani palace
d. Old muscat tour
e. Twin forts
f. Bait Alzubair

6. Jeddah Half-Day Cultural Tour

Pick Up: 1000 am from cruise terminal 
Drop Off: 0200 pm to cruise terminal 

Itinerary 

a. Bait Nassef
b. The old market
c. Al tayyebat international city and open museum
d. The new cornish
e. Al Shafai mosque 
 please email rini47@hotmail.com if interested 

19 hours ago, rini47 said:

Is it mandatory to get a PCR test within 48 hrs for this sailing?

where can we get one in Dubai?

any info pl can you email rini47@hotmail.com

An antigen test will do.  This is the current info for Grand Voyages:

8CA37BD1-8662-4E44-BCE3-F18B2AE16C77.thumb.jpeg.1ac437e1fd2b518fc5fe9a420cc99252.jpeg

I just finished the applications for the Saudi visa. The first one (mine) took 4 tries before it finally saved it--on the first 3 just as I was ready to save it would close up the app and I would have to start all over again. Very frustrating. However, when I did the one for my husband it went right through. I guess all that practice paid off! It only asked for one payment of $10.50 for each of us. It never said anything about insurance. Will I get an email later asking for additional payments?

Hi Everyone, I am from Vancouver Canada and still frustrated over applying for the Maritime Visa for Saudi Arabia! I am totally unable to find the link to apply for this visa and will appreciate if someone can kindly send and share the correct link? The websites are all good but the link to actually APPLY for this maritime Visa can never be found! I don't think we need a one year visa that costs around $200/person because we'll only be there a few hours! And is it also true that the ship won't let you board if you do have this SA visa? So appreciate a reply or comments on this issue...

Also we (two persons) are very interested to share privately arranged tours for all the middle east cities as these should be better and more economical than what the ship usually offers. 

The website I used to apply for the SA visa was listed on the MSC website for the USA. I don't know why it wouldn't also work for Canada. The web address is https://visa.mofa.gov.sa   

I'll try to remember the sequence of steps to complete it.  On the visa platform screen that pops up select Visitors. On the next screen select the far right window on the first row for Request for a visa from Saudi representations abroad. On the next screen click on Registration under the captcha to enter your email and select a password (you will need this for all the visas you are requesting). They will send you an email with a link to activate the account. Sign in with the email you registered. Click on Add a new application and you're ready to enter your information. For the visa type, scroll down the list and select Transit. For the Transport Mode select By Sea. Enter your personal information (and upload a photo) and when you've finished click Save. If all goes well it should return to the dashboard and issue you an application number. From the dashboard you can choose the link to Pay and also to print the application. I was only prompted to pay once for each visa. Be sure to print it so you will have a record of the application number and proof that you completed an application. I have not heard anything more from the applications so don't know when we will get the visas.

Hope this helps, and good luck with it.

• Like 1

I am stressing out trying to find a place to get a covid test in Dubai. I was hoping that by now that requirement would be cancelled since none of the ports on our itinerary are requiring a test. We are leaving in 2 days on a transatlantic cruise on Princess to Barcelona so I'm trying to decide what to do about this. We will fly from there to Dubai and arrive within the 48 hour window for getting a Covid test. Since our flight arrives in Dubai in the middle of the night we are staying at the Holiday Inn Express at the airport (they have a 24-hr shuttle). I have emailed them to ask if they know where we can get the test near the hotel (the airport is no longer testing), but haven't  received a response. I called MSC today and although the rep tried to get some information for me I found out nothing. Does anyone know if we can get a test at the port? What are the rest of you doing?

THANK YOU SO MUCH to 40yearcruiser for your detailed reply! We'll try that again ASAP.  The frustrating thing really is this cruise line will not do a blanket visa type of arrangement for its passengers (esp. from USA and Canada) and even if we won't get off in SA due to all these troubles we were told we need this or they won't let you embark!    

Regarding your comments on the COVID testing, I'd like to share that we actually called MSC today and they confirmed to us that NO testing is now necessary! Well, we hope they are correct as we ain't doing any!!

Thank You again to 40yearcruiser. We wish you safe travels and hope someone will set up a Meet and Mingle so we can meet! And as we'd also like to join the private tours that anyone may organise for the Middle East cities....Rini?  Please let us know if we can still join you! Thanks!   

11 hours ago, leo238 said:

Hi Everyone, I am from Vancouver Canada and still frustrated over applying for the Maritime Visa for Saudi Arabia! I am totally unable to find the link to apply for this visa and will appreciate if someone can kindly send and share the correct link? The websites are all good but the link to actually APPLY for this maritime Visa can never be found! I don't think we need a one year visa that costs around $200/person because we'll only be there a few hours! And is it also true that the ship won't let you board if you do have this SA visa? So appreciate a reply or comments on this issue...

Also we (two persons) are very interested to share privately arranged tours for all the middle east cities as these should be better and more economical than what the ship usually offers. 

We have some quotes from an agent for tours in abudhabi.   Muscat.  Jeddah
infact details are given above….pl email me rini47@hotmail.com and maybe we can get a group together and do the tours 

The agent in Abu Dhabi still has space for private tours in Abu Dhabi.   Muscat.   Jeddah.  I had posted the itineraries before. Please email rini47@hotmail.com and maybe we can revive a grouo

2 hours ago, leo238 said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH to 40yearcruiser for your detailed reply! We'll try that again ASAP.  The frustrating thing really is this cruise line will not do a blanket visa type of arrangement for its passengers (esp. from USA and Canada) and even if we won't get off in SA due to all these troubles we were told we need this or they won't let you embark!    

Regarding your comments on the COVID testing, I'd like to share that we actually called MSC today and they confirmed to us that NO testing is now necessary! Well, we hope they are correct as we ain't doing any!!

Thank You again to 40yearcruiser. We wish you safe travels and hope someone will set up a Meet and Mingle so we can meet! And as we'd also like to join the private tours that anyone may organise for the Middle East cities....Rini?  Please let us know if we can still join you! Thanks!   

There wasnt much interest from the roll call but I know the agent has space for private tours in Abu Dhabi.  Muscat.  Jeddah,,,,pl see details of itineraries posted before…and surely a few of us can set up a group for Abu Dhabi.  Muscat.  Jeddah. Pl email me rini47@hotmail.com

since time is short my WhatsApp is +6591543301

Ahoy.

Yes, I'm late to the party.

Not a lot of chat on here, but I can clarify a few things.

You DO, that's you DO need a test.  MSC agents are giving duff information based on cruises from Doha, Dubai &  Abu Dhabi.

If you ask for clarity for a GRAND VOYAGE (as I did) they will confirm you DO need a test.

It's all on the web site BUT go to grand voyage not Dubai etc.

Saudi Arabia visa.

You DO NOT need a visa if you are staying onboard.

It's a transit by sea visa and costs about $22 (in 3 separate charges, The visa, a service charge and health insurance)

This is the site https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/

And this is a step by step guide (Italian, but should translate) : https://www.timetraveldream.it/2022/12/arabia-saudita-guida-al-visto.html

People seem to have more luck using a PC rather than a tablet, or phone.  Probably the bigger screen.

You won't receive it yet.  As long as your application is "in process" or something similar, it will be emailed a couple of days before we arrive and the ship will print it for us.

Edited by papcx

Other bits.

If you're flying into Doha, you need to buy the insurance or you'll be held up.

Flying into the UAE? If you take any medication, have you checked if it's on the banned list and applied for the exception?

On 3/7/2023 at 8:58 AM, leo238 said:

You need a test.

I asked the same thing, was told no. asked them to confirm for the grand voyage and was confirmed we DO need a test.

The agents just look at Dubai cruises, not grand voyage.

On 3/7/2023 at 11:22 AM, rini47 said:

There wasnt much interest from the roll call but I know the agent has space for private tours in Abu Dhabi.  Muscat.  Jeddah,,,,pl see details of itineraries posted before…and surely a few of us can set up a group for Abu Dhabi.  Muscat.  Jeddah. Pl email me rini47@hotmail.com

since time is short my WhatsApp is +6591543301

I've emailed you.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:17 PM, 40yearcruiser said:

I am stressing out trying to find a place to get a covid test in Dubai. I was hoping that by now that requirement would be cancelled since none of the ports on our itinerary are requiring a test. We are leaving in 2 days on a transatlantic cruise on Princess to Barcelona so I'm trying to decide what to do about this. We will fly from there to Dubai and arrive within the 48 hour window for getting a Covid test. Since our flight arrives in Dubai in the middle of the night we are staying at the Holiday Inn Express at the airport (they have a 24-hr shuttle). I have emailed them to ask if they know where we can get the test near the hotel (the airport is no longer testing), but haven't  received a response. I called MSC today and although the rep tried to get some information for me I found out nothing. Does anyone know if we can get a test at the port? What are the rest of you doing?

Hi try Bluemed Home Health Care Centre in Dubai https://bluemeduae.com/ they can come to your hotel Open 24x7 and you contact them via Whatsapp.  It was very easy to contact them.  We had quite a bit of communication and they have different rates depending on how fast your need your certificate by.  Hope this helps 

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Lest there be any doubt in people’s minds regarding requirements around Covid, I just received the following text from MSC:

CE1B57F7-9BD8-44D9-AEB9-F29CE2131706.thumb.jpeg.398eb0e40decddabe9e9144bc3087b57.jpeg

For me there has never been any doubt!