Dining options-Oosterdam

ugminer

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but can't locate it. If you don't want to go to the main dining room on any given day, say you want to go buffet (does HAL have buffets for an evening meal?) or one of the reservation restaurants do you have to give advance notice or you just don't show up to the dining room? I will be so glad to have this first cruise under our belts. I'm excited but a little nervous too. I look forward to having a bunch of cruise credits under my name soon. Seems like it's gonna be a great way to travel. Deb

If you don't want to go to the main dining room on any given day, say you want to go buffet (does HAL have buffets for an evening meal?)

you can eat in the lido (buffet) for all 3 meals if you want to

or one of the reservation restaurants do you have to give advance notice or you just don't show up to the dining room?

correct --however it is good form to tell the waiter and your dinner mates that you wont be there so they will not wait for you to show up for dinner

you can also choose to eat in your cabin

There is just one extra-cost dining venue ... the Pinnacle Grill. It is wonderful, and a bargain at $20 per person, IMO. You will need reservations, so I suggest you head for the Pinnacle as soon as you board the ship and take care of this.

I heartily second lougee's suggestion to notify your table when you won't be showing up for dinner in the main dining room. It just keeps them from delaying the start of the meal waiting for you to arrive.

Cruising IS a great way to travel! I'm sure it will take just this first cruise to hook you for good! That's what happened to us.

I want to thank both of you. I felt there must be some protocall. Someday maybe our paths will cross and I will be a seasoned cruiser ready to help someone else with their doubts.

Archived