Uniworld S.S. Antionette August 21 Amsterdam to Basel

momofthre3

• 2 weeks later...

Amsterdam to Basel was the last river cruise I took pre-Covid.  It's a great itinerary.  Will you be able to spend a few days pre-cruise in Amsterdam?

I think I was on the River Empress and there were low water levels on the Rhine.  We were one of the last ships to make it all the way down to Basel.  Uniworld had to substitute a few ports and rearrange things, but we were just glad we made it to Basel on time and didn't have to change air reservations.  Our captain looked to be about 25 yrs. old but he did a fantastic job.  

On 7/19/2022 at 10:45 AM, PNFL said:

I am going on the cruise June 2023 so when you return please let me know who you enjoyed it and any tips you can provide.🙂

Yes!  I will!  At this point I am a little worried as the water levels are low....  

On 7/19/2022 at 11:59 AM, Roz said:

Amsterdam to Basel was the last river cruise I took pre-Covid.  It's a great itinerary.  Will you be able to spend a few days pre-cruise in Amsterdam?

I think I was on the River Empress and there were low water levels on the Rhine.  We were one of the last ships to make it all the way down to Basel.  Uniworld had to substitute a few ports and rearrange things, but we were just glad we made it to Basel on time and didn't have to change air reservations.  Our captain looked to be about 25 yrs. old but he did a fantastic job.  

The water level is my biggest concern.  We had this trip planned 2 years ago during Covid but with Crystal River Cruises.  We all know what happened there! :/..I really want to be able to go down the river, not be let off at a port, get on a bus and be transported.  I guess we are just going to make it a adventure!  I hear there is some ship swamping and that sounds interesting....

As far as pre-cruise, yes, we will have some days to wander around a bit.  We are going to have some days in Edinburgh so we can see the Royal Tattoo and stay 4 days there.  Fly to Amsterdam and stay 3 days pre-cruise.  8 day trip down the Rhine,  3 days in Zurich, train to Oberammergau to see the Passion Play, a day in Munich, then home.

• Like 2