wheelchair rental for Regent cruise leaving from Miami, but ending in Barbados

Borna

I am traveling with my mother who can walk a bit with a cane, but will need a wheelchair for excursions.  She has never had a wheelchair, but now needs one.  Can you recommend a company in Miami who would deliver a wheelchair to us at the hotel or Regent cabin?  As the cruise ends in Barbados, how would we get the wheelchair back to the Miami rental company?  I presume others have encountered a similar situation and would like advice as my mother now needs mobility assistance.  Thanks for your help.  

We used Scootaround for a transport chair on our recent TA cruise Miami-Barcelona.  I had used Special Needs at Sea for two previous cruises; Scootaround’s pricing was much better this time around. They deliver right to your cabin on the ship, and there was  no additional charge for different start and end points.  Hope this helps.  Happy sailing!

13 minutes ago, Pathfinder88 said:

We used Scootaround for a transport chair on our recent TA cruise Miami-Barcelona.  I had used Special Needs at Sea for two previous cruises; Scootaround’s pricing was much better this time around. They deliver right to your cabin on the ship, and there was  no additional charge for different start and end points.  Hope this helps.  Happy sailing!

thanks, I called scootaround and was told since cruise ended in Barbados, they could not help us.

Have you considered buying an inexpensive wheelchair from Amazon and having it delivered to your hotel?  You can get one for under $200 and then donate it in Barbados.

Years ago I did something similar with baby items - high chair and portable crib.  It was much less expensive to buy and then give away when we were in Hawaii then to rent them.

• Like 1