Carnival Splendor Alaska cruise: what gluten free meals are actually included in the "free" dining?

likejudo

In the included ("free") dining, does anyone know what gluten free meals or options are actually available?

- Are the menus in the free dining marked with the gluten free dishes listed?

- Is there a Chinese restaurant included in the price?

I have seen their page https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/dietary-needs

We will be going very soon, on the  Carnival Splendor Alaska cruise.

Any information is appreciated.

When you get onboard visit the Menu Mate desk, usually in Lido buffet area but I am not sure about where it is on Splendor. They will help you identify gluten free dishes.

Mongolian Wok is available on Splendor and is included. I am not sure if it offers gluten free options however.

• Like 1

I can't speak specifically to the Splendor but I have cruised several times (on Carnival Pride, Dream) with a gluten free family member. The main dining room is very accommodating. Speak to the maitre d on the first night and let him know. Each night, they will send someone around with the following night's menu (and breakfast/brunch menu as well) so you can choose in advance. I have found they are able to make almost anything GF if they know in advance. My son has had the spring rolls, soups, pasta dishes, pancakes, and even almost every dessert. We have always done a set dining time, but if you are doing "my time" dining, I'm sure they have a method to tie it to your reservation. 

Edited by CorrieCJ
  • Like 1