Rental car drop off POM?

Has anyone dropped off an Avis (or any other company) rental car at the Port of Miami?  Was it easy to do or was it a pain? There are 12 of us.  We are arriving the day before at Fort Lauderdale airport and renting a car.  We had planned to drop the car off back at the airport and take a shuttle to the port but I see there is a drop off at the port. It is a short shuttle ride to the ships,  would definitely be cheaper to do it this way but with a lot of us-all different ages, just making sure this is doable.  Thanks.

There are no rental car offices directly at the Port Of Miami. If your renting from Avis they have a downtown Miami office that is very close to the Port.I would drop everyone off at the terminal and then return the vehicle at the downtown Miami office. I would check to see if they provide you with free shuttle service back to the Port. If they don’t you would need to use Uber, Lyft or a cab to get back to the Port Of Miami.

• Like 1

Thanks. I have called several times trying to get an answer from them and every time get a different answer. Have gotten some “yes we have a shuttle” and some “no we don’t have a shuttle from there” so I was trying to see if anyone here actually knows the right answer. We just may have to go with your suggestion to drop people off at the port and hope there is a shuttle back for whoever drops off the car or they will just have to take an Uber🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, 19031 said:

Thanks. I have called several times trying to get an answer from them and every time get a different answer. Have gotten some “yes we have a shuttle” and some “no we don’t have a shuttle from there” so I was trying to see if anyone here actually knows the right answer. We just may have to go with your suggestion to drop people off at the port and hope there is a shuttle back for whoever drops off the car or they will just have to take an Uber🤷‍♀️

If you need to Uber or Lyft the fare should be about $10 or less.