The Odyssey, on-the-sea, part II. (Alaska)

shark b8

Shark - I think the operative question here is.... after this long vacation, do you still remember where you live and how to get back there??  😆

We leave Sunday and board the Odyssey on Tuesday.  We just bit on an offer today to upgrade our V1 cabin to one of the aft view penthouse spa suites.  Now I'm REALLY counting the days until we board....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffbrig said:

Shark - I think the operative question here is.... after this long vacation, do you still remember where you live and how to get back there??  😆

We leave Sunday and board the Odyssey on Tuesday.  We just bit on an offer today to upgrade our V1 cabin to one of the aft view penthouse spa suites.  Now I'm REALLY counting the days until we board....

We did manage to find our way home, yes!  Barely 2 hours from Vancouver to SFO & then the usual 5 hours to our place in the middle of the Pacific.  That's a breeze compared to coming home from Europe or Asia!   

Don't think I've ever seen a pic of a spa penthouse, could you post one?!   I really like the aft view, in fact, my favorite Colonnade breakfast table is the one right smack in the middle of the deck, right on the aft rail, looking at that pretty wake behind us.

Edited by shark b8
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 5:40 PM, SLSD said:

Start a new thread!  We will all enjoy it!

I will do so!  But to wrap up on this thread, about 10 days ago I contracted COVID.  Funny to actually be "relieved" to go ahead and get it far enough out from our departure to not cause us to have to cancel.  I had really been worrying about that, or testing positive while on-board the cruise.  I was lucky to have a pretty mild case.  Really seemed mostly like a moderately bad cold.  DH now has it too, and has felt worse than I did ("man cold" you know).  In the meantime, our bag shipped off with Luggage Forwarding and is sitting at the airport near Vancouver waiting to be delivered to the ship.  I am SO psyched to get on board.  Only 9 days to go!

• Like 1