Unsolicited YC upgrade without information?

LiquidWu

I booked a Mediterranean cruise on the Splendida in experience "Aurea".

Without notification or further explanation, I suddenly find a changed cabin number in the online portal. (now 15008, Yacht Club Deluxe Suite). 
Obviously an unsolicited upgrade that I am very happy about 🙂 But experience still says "Aurea".

This leaves me with a lot of questions.

Can I really use all the amenities at the Yacht Club? Also the free minibar? 
In which restaurant will I have dinner? At L'Olivo? 

Thank you in advance
Mike  

splendida.png

Edited by LiquidWu

2 hours ago, LiquidWu said:

Without notification or further explanation, I suddenly find a changed cabin number in the online portal. (now 15008, Yacht Club Deluxe Suite). 
Obviously an unsolicited upgrade that I am very happy about 🙂 But experience still says "Aurea".

Thank you in advance
Mike  

splendida.png

In June we sailed on Seashore, we booked an Aurea 2 bedroom grand suite in August 2021, it had became unassigned in january and a month before we sailed they had upgraded us to two YC Deluxe Grand Suites.  After a phone call, I was assured that we would receive all the YC perks.  Which included upgrading our grandfathered Aurea drinks package to the Premium Plus (Packages is good throughout the ship and on Ocean Cay), added 2 device browse package per person, as well as access to all the other YC amenities, including priority embarkation and disembarkation.  Your YC card will even say Aurea still but rest assured you will be treated as a YC guest.  Wherever the YC dine onboard will be your assigned dining room.  They did say the reason why they are doing this is because they are still using certain decks and areas for COVID quarantine.  Enjoy it while it lasts!

Edited by Missbollinger
  • Like 3

On 7/24/2022 at 4:21 PM, LiquidWu said:

Thank you in advance
Mike  

splendida.png

Yes you get all YC stuff.

Mini bar to a point.

No nips, they just give you a big bottle at start of cruise.

Food items, first set free only.

All soda and juices are free and restocked.

In YC you don't need to show your card but out of YC you do so monitor your account to make sure you are not getting charged.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 10:21 PM, LiquidWu said:

Thank you in advance
Mike  

So fine!

How long before departure?

On 7/24/2022 at 10:21 PM, LiquidWu said:

splendida.png

Hi, sorry to piggyback on the question, but we booked a Bella Balcony room on MSC Seashore and have been assigned an Aurea Balcony room.

I am guessing that we will not get the benefits of the Aurea experience having booked Bella, but thought it was worth asking if anybody knew if there was any chance that we would receive the benefits if we have been assigned an Aurea room? Thanks 

1 hour ago, UKCruiser2022 said:

Hi, sorry to piggyback on the question, but we booked a Bella Balcony room on MSC Seashore and have been assigned an Aurea Balcony room.

I am guessing that we will not get the benefits of the Aurea experience having booked Bella, but thought it was worth asking if anybody knew if there was any chance that we would receive the benefits if we have been assigned an Aurea room? Thanks 

Good day, you will get the Bella benefits - that is what will be printed on your card

1 hour ago, UKCruiser2022 said:

Bella is now the "odd" experience. In summary: "Bella" is the MSC's short-name for "no frills guaranteed cabin". They may put you wherever they want, well, except for the YC for distance purposes because you'll most likely to be on the upper cabins leftover inventory. You'll have the same basic fare benefits because on Bella you really can't chose your cabin. It's up to them by design. So, why a 2 category upgraded cabin? Covid protocols that change by the day may answer that question. They need such a Bella section for confinements? There were leftovers from an upper area? Surely they'll use them and give you a cabin elsewhere.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:27 PM, lippi1970 said:

So fine!

How long before departure?

Sorry @lippi1970 Unfortunately, I can't really say, because as I mentioned, I didn't get any instructions or anything by email. 

I discovered it purely by chance on the website when I wanted to book some shore excursions. That was about 3 weeks before departure. But I don't know how long it had been there.

I'll be at sea in a week at this time 🙂

On 7/28/2022 at 7:49 AM, UKCruiser2022 said:

If your cabin is on deck 9, you’ll enjoy the extended balcony.