Oasis of the Seas 7/22-7/29

1 hour ago, Cruiseswithfamilyornot said:

They are for chocolate lovers, they've had them for years.  Chocolate cookies, with multiple types of chocolate chips(white and dark) and other things in them.  If you're a chocolate lover they will probably be for you.   

Now they sound very nice indeed, am sure our granddaughter will help me out trying these.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CTKaren said:

Sounds wonderful. Can you tell me where on the ship I might look for them?

They are all over.   At the Cafe Promenade during the day and at The Windjammer and the two best places to find them, though you will also find them at lounges.   Cafe Promenade will usually have a selection of cookies for desserts, as will The Windjammer, but for the WIndjammer you may have to walk around and find which dessert station has them because they don't all.  They will usually have a selection of the cookies

6 hours ago, CTKaren said:

Sounds wonderful. Can you tell me where on the ship I might look for them?

Cafe Promenade almost always has 2-3 kinds (open 24 hrs/day). Windjammer usually has 1-2 in the dessert section. You’ll see them all over, the flavors rotate though.

• Like 1

@OCSC Mike Mike is 100% right.  They probably have about 5 or 6 types of cookies and they do rotate them though on this cruise I found they had all of them for the first day everywhere and many of them for a few days after.   Other flavors include some sort of Coconut that I know people love, Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, and a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut.  Don't be shy to ask for your favorite even if they're not there, they will often get them for you,   I know there are others but the flavors escape me now.  I search for the Mudslides lol

So sorry to hear @mathmagicianbut not surprised.  We are now up to 7/14 of our group having gotten Covid.   Two people just tested positive today.   All of us that are positive had never had Covid before either.  Hindsight being 20/20, as it always is, we wish we would have worn masks in elevators and public places more.  We started the cruise that way, but quicky got lulled into the "everyone was tested negative 2 days ago and is vaccinated plus mostly sea days hype) and midway through the cruise took them off.  Big mistake.   Was it worth it to have Covid for 5 days after a 7 day cruise?    That's a personal choice, of course, but the answer for me is a hard no.  One person in our group will probably have to be hospitalized and will definitely be sick for more than the amount of time she spent on the cruise.   So my advice to all is don't ruin a great cruise by ending it with Covid, or having to be quarantined on the ship.  I know masks aren't perfect but I did wear them at other large public events and never got Covid before so....

Edited by Cruiseswithfamilyornot

@Cruiseswithfamilyornot, 4/13 here now.  Two of us did get covid in May (and were masked/boosted then, life just happens sometimes) and are still fine now so we're hopeful that the recent bout plus our second boosters each help.  So far no one is ill enough to need hospitalization, I'm so sorry for your group member.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruiseswithfamilyornot said:

They are a little too addicting.  TO be honest, sometimes I'm happy when I can't find them as I've had too many and I need a break.  There's something like crack in them I swear lol.  For chocoholics anyway.

My favorite is the Coconut Ranger. I have actually had a coworker bring me home a bag when she cruised lololol

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

My favorite is the Coconut Ranger. I have actually had a coworker bring me home a bag when she cruised lololol

People lose their minds over the Coconut cookies as much as chocoholics do over the Mudslides.  I knew you were going to say that one, that's the other one you find people hunting down lol

I have tried to bring a home a bag.  Alas, they never made it home.

1 minute ago, Cruiseswithfamilyornot said:

People lose their minds over the Coconut cookies as much as chocoholics do over the Mudslides.  I knew you were going to say that one, that's the other one you find people hunting down lol

I have tried to bring a home a bag.  Alas, they never made it home.

yeah that is the problem as it is hard for them to actually make the trip home lolol. I will have to look for the Mudslides. Trying to lose weight now to eat all these goodies 🙂

So funny story for you @hazeleyes46.  Years ago I was on Indy on a two week cruise from Southampton going down the Spanish/Portugal coast.  I was travelling with all my kids and our best friends and their kids.  They decided to tell the waiter in the main dining room how much I love mudslides and sure enough EVERY night there was a huge plate of mudslides on the table.  So I guess I should have listed that's another place to get them----in the main dining room if you ask your waiter in advance.   I knew this was a recipe for disaster and try as I might to get him to not bring them every night the waiter somehow decided that a great tip was tied to this huge supply of cookies(which he got I might add, so I guess he was right lol).  Knowing this would be a huge weight gaining cruise, I resolved myself not to each any except at dinner and to walk and exercise multiple times a day and I actually ended up losing weight on a two week cruise all because I was concerned I would put on weight from the Mudslides every day lol.  Now that I'm older I don't that that strategy would work as well I'm afraid.

Edited by Cruiseswithfamilyornot

1 minute ago, Cruiseswithfamilyornot said:

So funny story for you @hazeleyes46.  Years ago I was on Indy on a two week cruise from Southampton going down the Spanish/Portugal coast.  I was travelling with all my kids and our best friends and their kids.  They decided to tell the waiter in the main dining room how much I love mudslides and sure enough EVERY night there was a huge plate of mudslides on the table.  So I guess I should have listed that's another place to get them----in the main dining room if you ask your waiter in advance.   I knew this was a recipe for disaster and try as I might the waiter somehow decided that a great tip was tied to this huge supply of cookies.  Knowing this would be a huge weight gaining cruise, I resolved myself not to each any except at dinner and to walk and exercise multiple times a day and I actually ended up losing weight on a two week cruise all because I was concerned I would put on weight from the Mudslides every day lol.  Now that I'm older I don't that that strategy would work as well I'm afraid.

that is great. Yeah I guess there IS the gym so we can eat and drink as much as we want to lololol

We were on Oasis back in October 2021 when the ship was about 60% full -- they insisted on trivia in Schooner and it was STILL TOO CROWDED !!!   We were wearing masks and we still skipped trivia there as it just wasn't worth it.   On the post cruise survey, I specifically mentioned this and requested they move it to a larger venue.  (You'd think enough of us did that... I guess not.)  Same for the Spotlight Karaoke.

And - we had a similar issue in the CK with reservation times, etc.   So - we specifically requested the waiter we wanted to sit with - FOR EVERY MEAL !

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 4:33 PM, Snoopycollector said:

We were on Oasis back in October 2021 when the ship was about 60% full -- they insisted on trivia in Schooner and it was STILL TOO CROWDED !!!   We were wearing masks and we still skipped trivia there as it just wasn't worth it.   On the post cruise survey, I specifically mentioned this and requested they move it to a larger venue.  (You'd think enough of us did that... I guess not.)  Same for the Spotlight Karaoke.

And - we had a similar issue in the CK with reservation times, etc.   So - we specifically requested the waiter we wanted to sit with - FOR EVERY MEAL !

@SnoopycollectorI had been on Harmony back in March and the ship was the same as yours, maybe about half full, and we had crowds for both Schooner and Spotlight Karoake.  I don't get it when they do have larger venues on the ship to accomodate, you'd think they'd WANT do that.  With 100% people were literally on top of each other, standing all over the place, and many just left as there was no place for them.  Shame.  Also explains the Covid outbreak from our cruise that apparently even claimed the Captain.