2 days in Dubai

calliopecruiser

I'll be arriving on Seabourn at 7am - ish on Wednesday in early December, and leaving Friday at about 2 am -ish; I'm a 60 year old woman travelling solo, and I'm a kind of DIY tourist.

My current plan is to stay on the airport side of the creek, probably the Radisson Blu, and primarily use the Metro and abra to get around to see some things I'm interested in.  I like culture, history, and architecture, and I really really want to see the Museum of the Future and the Frame more than I want to see Burj Kalifa.  I'm considering a marine tour around the Palm to see Dubai from the water side (when I'm awake, unlike when the ship comes in to port), but otherwise I'd like to get around and see things on my own, and I find taking public transit is a good way to get a feel for the place I'm visiting.    I know Dubai is not really a pedestrian-friendly place, even in December weather, but I like setting my own pace. 

Are there any rooftop restaurants or lounges that you could recommend to me for an evening visit, even if I'm on my own?  Any other suggestions welcome.