Grandeur

We were in a suite last fall-- our last Platinum level cruise, and to my knowledge, there was no Concierge Lounge....unless there was something specific to Diamond level and above (and not pertaining to suite status). I doubt that though. We met several of the Diamond and above folks at the Platinum/Diamond Brunch. No indication of Concierge there either.

Jay

tnx f/response - the Concierge Lounge was wonderful on the SERENADE (we are Diamond); however, to sail 7 nts or longer and not have a C.Lounge, would be a disappointment, so I hope someone will post with knowledge. did you sail from Baltimore?

We did sail from Baltimore. We departed from the Dundalk Marine Terminal (if your familiar with Baltimore). RCCL was advising that they were developing a newer pier much closer to the Inner Harbor area that I believe is supposed to open for this summer and fall's departures from Baltimore.

I will say, it was the easiest on and off we have ever had. It was the first time we drove to a port-- we live just over an hour away in Northern VA. It was so nice not to have to be up early in the morning the day we left, and so nice to be allowed to walk our luggage right of and to the car. We were called to depart right at 0900 and were in the car on our way our of the port at 0915. It was great.

We did the 9 day, which I am confident in saying we will do again. It was a nice change for us to go back to a Vision Class ship. It doesn't (currently-as I believe it will after its next drydock) have some of the ammenities that the Radiance and Voyager class ships have, but the extra 2 days couldn't be beat. Compound that by the fact the the 9 day from Baltimore is a Friday departure meaning only 1 additional day of leave, and no airfare-- this was a no brainer for us, and probably as relaxed as we have been.

Anyway, whatever you decide, enjoy.

Jay

I'm looking into a long cruise from Baltimore that make stops in Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya in November. It entices me to drive 'n park w/o the whole day of flying to get there and then in reverse. Remember this last blizzard that started on Saturday night and went into Sunday? well, we had early PHL departure to LAX (for an 8-nt Mexican Riviera crusie). We ended up taking a rm at the Sheraton Saturday nite so as not to miss Sunday flt, which, of course, was cancelled. Long story short, we luckily got out on a Sunday afternoon flt and made it to LAX in time for a lite bite and good nite's rest. Cruising from Baltimore sounds like fun, but I want more info on the Grandeur. We did sail the Sovereign 9/05, after major overhaul. It was fantastic, altho I don't think I'll ever take another inside cabin. (we were doing 4 nts and I wanted cheap and that's what we got! they put us in a quad - never again!), but the food, crew, service were tops! (no concierge service on less than 7 nts). Diamond status is great - it's a good goal especially since it's recognized also on Celebrity.

Archived