Konigsdam August 6 from Vancouver trip report

steve4031

As I was finishing the previous post gf stated, “That’s not my suitcase.”   It wasn’t.  We rushed back to the cruise terminal in an Uber.  The people in the departure area helped us get to the arrival area.  In the arrival area a agent used her walk-in talkie and confirmed that her suit case was there.  They brought it out and collected the suitcase I picked up in error.  She thanked me profusely for returning it. I was thanking her profusely for getting gf’s bag.  Crisis averted.  

• Like 5

Another note on wheelchairs.  There were none available at Vancouver airport at United.  They tell you there is a shortage and tell you to sit and wait.  A couple sitting next us had been sitting for 40 minutes and no wheel chairs.  We sat for 25 minutes and saw no wheelchairs arrive.  No one scanned our board passes.  Imho they are just going through the motions because of staff shortages.  This is really a poor show. We are lucky that we could walk but now we are physically sore and out of breath. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steve4031 said:

Another note on wheelchairs.  There were none available at Vancouver airport at United.  They tell you there is a shortage and tell you to sit and wait.  A couple sitting next us had been sitting for 40 minutes and no wheel chairs.  We sat for 25 minutes and saw no wheelchairs arrive.  No one scanned our board passes.  Imho they are just going through the motions because of staff shortages.  This is really a poor show. We are lucky that we could walk but now we are physically sore and out of breath. 

That's good information as I will be flying on United into Vancouver in September.  Last time I was there I just requested a "golf cart" ride to my gate....at the very end of the terminal of course....and they brought one around within 10 minutes.  I'll be more proactive on this upcoming trip based on your experience.  Thank you!

~Nancy