New Sail Safe Covid Polices Effective 9/2/22

hernando52

On 8/9/2022 at 1:45 PM, funfetti said:

A different way forward for NCL could have been to pursue the market of past/potential cruisers reluctant to return to travel for health reasons. (Grandpa just recovered from cancer and dreams of seeing Alaska with the grandkids!) I do not think NCL has adequately used data science to drive business decisions. There are already plenty of places for the "get back to normal" crowd to spend their travel dollars. Instead of competing there, lean into being a cleaner, safer way to travel

I think if you understand NCLs target demographic, there are far more unvaccinated who want to return to cruising than there is vaccinated but reluctant.  Your proposal might make sense for a high end line but not a low end line like NCL.

20 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

I'm not sure where NCL is getting their info for Greece sailings.

The Greece government site info differs.

"7. What is the situation with cruise ships?

As of 14.05.2021, cruise restrictions have been completely removed, always imposing very strict protocols that apply to these activities."

It's not just NCL, it's others (e.g. Princess) as well.  I keep seeing "The Greek government have their own testing requirements" but not seeing any evidence of that on an official government site.  It makes no sense to me.  A ship can stop at Greek port and not have to test.   

24 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

I'm not sure where NCL is getting their info for Greece sailings.

The Greece government site info differs.

"7. What is the situation with cruise ships?

As of 14.05.2021, cruise restrictions have been completely removed, always imposing very strict protocols that apply to these activities."

It's not just NCL so I suspect the source you're citing is incorrect. for example I just looked at Holland America, Princess and Celebrity and they also mention different protocols for Greece.