Do you get scenic amalfi coast views from the cruise ship?

Cthulhu_Awakens

10 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Cruisemom you voiced my thoughts.  We did a wander around the old town and saw some rather smart high fashion shoes.  We saw some veg and fresh fish shops.  The streets were not however accessible.  

The last med cruise we went to had to miss Naples due to bad weather.  Many passengers, including us, had to cancel tours to the Amalfi Coast.  We got a ‘shopping day’ in Civitavecchia instead.  Most of us were gutted.  

Sorrento would be a better shopping option in my opinion.  Try getting there by train/ferry/bus tour.  

She wants to go to some christmas alley or something. She also wants to see the people that do clay carvings and a various of other things. She also wants to head to Sorrento to shop too.

29 minutes ago, Cthulhu_Awakens said:

She wants to go to some christmas alley or something. She also wants to see the people that do clay carvings and a various of other things. She also wants to head to Sorrento to shop too.

You want Via S. Gregorio Armeno, it's where they sell the precepi parts (the nativity scenes that Naples is famous for).  Some of them are still made locally but much is now mass produced, so look carefully at anything you consider purchasing (if local made is important to you, that is).

I don't know what the clay carvings are.

There are ferries to Sorrento and back throughout the day, all from Molo Beverello, the port adjacent to the cruise port.

18 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

You want Via S. Gregorio Armeno, it's where they sell the precepi parts (the nativity scenes that Naples is famous for).  Some of them are still made locally but much is now mass produced, so look carefully at anything you consider purchasing (if local made is important to you, that is).

I don't know what the clay carvings are.

There are ferries to Sorrento and back throughout the day, all from Molo Beverello, the port adjacent to the cruise port.

Thanks for the info! I think the comments about how crappy Naples is for wheelchairs is giving her second thoughts. We're looking for accessible tours for Sorrento and a cooking/tasting tour nearby.

Europe in general isn't great for wheelchairs, Naples is no better or worse than most.  As I said, I've traveled around Naples with wheelchair passengers for twenty years and we did just fine.

Old, cobblestone streets (found throughout historic city centers in Europe) make for a bumpy ride so you just have to take it slow.