Temperature of main spa hydrotherapy pool

edstewbob

We are going on our first Viking cruise on the Star in October and I saw a YouTube video that said their main spa hydrotherapy pool water temperature was not even warm. Can someone comment on the water temperature in this pool? We have been on several cruise ships with hydrotherapy areas and the pools always have warm water in them. 

16 minutes ago, edstewbob said:

We are going on our first Viking cruise on the Star in October and I saw a YouTube video that said their main spa hydrotherapy pool water temperature was not even warm. Can someone comment on the water temperature in this pool? We have been on several cruise ships with hydrotherapy areas and the pools always have warm water in them. 

We were in the pool on Viking Sun when somebody complained to the spa desk it was cold. They tested it with a thermometer, and it was low/mid 90's, which they indicated is the standard. Yes, cooler than body temperature, but still very comfortable and you can enjoy it for a lot longer than a hot tub.

• Like 3

I know that the thermal spas I've visited in Budapest and Prague list the main pools as being 35-36° celsius. This is pretty much your normal skin temperature. My experience has been that the hydrotherapy pool on the Viking ships have right around that temperature. Now the Infinity pool... different story. 😎

• Haha 1

Just to contrast, on one of our cruises the pool seemed very warm-hardly any difference from the hot tub.  I asked the spa staff about it and it was 105° or so. They said that was the standard. 

I will say that the next day, the pool seemed back to normal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Just to contrast, on one of our cruises the pool seemed very warm-hardly any difference from the hot tub.  I asked the spa staff about it and it was 105° or so. They said that was the standard. 

I will say that the next day, the pool seemed back to normal. 

Our experience was that the spa was clearly warm (100 degrees or so) but not hot.