6 pm Dinner

Harrisonkid

Been a long while since been on Celebrity  and it looks like there are multiple restaurants on Beyond to eat our 'early seating dinner'. Do we have to make nightly reservations or are we assigned a specific restaurant? And if yes we're will I find out which one ? Thanks 

1 minute ago, Harrisonkid said:

Been a long while since been on Celebrity  and it looks like there are multiple restaurants on Beyond to eat our 'early seating dinner'. Do we have to make nightly reservations or are we assigned a specific restaurant? And if yes we're will I find out which one ? Thanks 

Does your reservation say "anytime" or "select"?  Anytime just go to any MDR that you want and select, you will be assigned the 6pm seating in an MDR and you can make a request to visit other MDR's space available

We chose 6pm seating and our TA set us in the Cypress. We dined there the first night, but then checked with the Matre de and got 6pm for another MDR, and then booked the 2 others. Even changed times. 

Edit: we did the Edge prior to the Pandemic and had a full ship, and had no issues booking in other MDRs. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

Looks like we are Select so thank you very much for the info

You can go into the cruise planner and make advance dinner reservations for the whole cruise if you like. 

• Like 1

We were on Apex and started in one of the Restaurant but really enjoyed the Italian one and just went back to that one each night.  Keep in mind that you can order from any  of other 4 restaurants.   Just check your app for what is the specials of the other restaurant and tell your wait you would like that.  We tried many of the specials from the other ones, but stayed in Tuscan as we had a great table and wonderful waiter. 

21 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

Our cruise is in November and it is saying  can not 'sign in' untill late Sept.. is there a way to book select dinner reservations before then ? And which restaurant is the best for an anniversary couple 

It's done through the cruise planner, you're not checking in for the cruise. It should be under Dining, Complementary Dining. 

Screenshot_20220809-163155.png

Edited by kwokpot

4 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

Thanks ...it won't let me do it ...wonder if I've been waiting listed some how? The docs say we are locked at 6pm ...but not letting me in ...I guess another round of phone calls 

What that means is you have early set dining, not Select Anytime Dining. When you board the ship there will be a card in your room with the assigned Dining room. You can speak to the Restaurant Hosts to see if you can schedule future nights in a different dining room.  

Our experience is that on the first night, you will see a card in your stateroom inviting you to one of the restaurants at your appointed time. I believe this is to try to schedule folks so not everyone arrives at the same time for dinner. However, you can always go to a maitre'd or the dining reservations desk (there are usually a few of these on embarkation day) to request a certain restaurant each night. As the cruise progresses, we have arrived at one restaurant to see a long line, then walk across the hall or up the stairs to another one....they are all very excellent. We do tend to return to the one with servers and a sommelier that we enjoy! Enjoy your cruise!

28 minutes ago, Maggie North said:

Our experience is that on the first night, you will see a card in your stateroom inviting you to one of the restaurants at your appointed time. I believe this is to try to schedule folks so not everyone arrives at the same time for dinner. However, you can always go to a maitre'd or the dining reservations desk (there are usually a few of these on embarkation day) to request a certain restaurant each night. As the cruise progresses, we have arrived at one restaurant to see a long line, then walk across the hall or up the stairs to another one....they are all very excellent. We do tend to return to the one with servers and a sommelier that we enjoy! Enjoy your cruise!

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with Early Set Dining on the Edge Class ships.  Your description is mostly correct, but here is how Celebrity explains it.

"Celebrity Select Dining

On our Celebrity Edge® Series ships, we may have reinvented the main restaurant experience with four restaurants, but we haven’t changed the way you plan your dining in these restaurants. Now, you can choose Celebrity Select Dining Early or Celebrity Select Dining Late, and you’ll be assigned one of the four main dining restaurants, while having the option to dine in the other three upon request. Choose Celebrity Select Dining Anytime, and you can dine in any of the four restaurants when you want. There’s nothing traditional about dining with us. With Celebrity Select Dining the choice of how you plan your evening meals is up to you."

I wish they would explain this out more clearly, since it's a frequently asked topic here on CC. Below is a link to their official blog with a more extensive explanation of dining on Celebrity ships. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/celebrity-select-dining

Edit: Celebrity also confused the dining aspect even more by renaming all dining choices as Celebrity Select Dining, with the subset of Select Dining Early, Select Dining Late, and Select Dining Anytime.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1