Riveria Bathtub Updates

ORV

• 4 months later...
On 8/21/2022 at 10:21 PM, Sinbadssailors said:

Also received this email and not at all happy about it. 

The bathtub is being removed from our suite and none remain available with tubs - moving down to a veranda is our only option - on a cruise we booked 6 months ago.

A bathtub is a luxury at sea, while showers are easy to find. And having the butler draw a shower doesn't have the same cachet lol. Won't see that phrase selling suites.

I think the "under utilized" is most irritating. How does anyone know how long I spent in the bathtub last cruise? 

Would've been our first Oceania, but we're cancelling. Lots of other lines out there.

If you ask your suite/cabin attendants they will tell you the bathtubs aren’t used very much. However some cruisers do, but as a percentage the use is fairly small. On the other hand the number of CC complaints about shower size is quite large. 
We are looking forward to large showers👍😀

• Like 1

Not knowing what kind of shower we'll be getting when travelling, we always bring a couple of portable suction cup grab bars. We've found them at Home Hardware and also at Amazon - my husband (who has mobility issues) and I (who don't, but want to feel secure!) have been using these for about ten years now on various cruises and land tours throughout North America and Europe. They work really well on most surfaces.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 1:07 PM, KirkNC said:

I was glad to receive the email, we upgraded one level so we would have a shower only.

Having been on the Riviera over this Christmas holiday, the redesigned bathroom is wonderful. Very spacious.

Also multiple grab bars. I always put a hand towel down on the floor in the shower so that there is far less likelihood of slipping.

Edited by Guppy99
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Having been on the Riviera over this Christmas holiday, the redesigned bathroom is wonderful. Very spacious.

Also multiple grab bars. I always put a hand towel down on the floor in the shower so that there is far less likelihood of slipping.

Thanks, good to hear!