Princess Bunk Bed Question

mvaldes140

Does anyone know if/what the weight restrictions are for the pullman beds? I didn't see one on the website, but my sibling is worried about it nonetheless because they think that in rough waters someone might come plummeting down on top of someone else. I know it sounds a little dramatic, but I'm just trying to find out.

Thanks!

Ill add that if its truly a significant concern, certain balcony and suite categories on the Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Diamon, Emerald, Island, Ruby, and Sapphire will accommodate guests with a rollaway bed, but its on a limited basis.  This could have changed, but it may be worth asking your agent or princess.

6 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

I'll add that if it's truly a significant concern, certain balcony and suite categories on the Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Island, Ruby, and Sapphire will accommodate guests with a rollaway bed, but it's on a limited basis.  This could have changed, but it may be worth asking your agent or Princess.

I am not sure where you would place a roll away in a balcony.  Minis and suites have a fold out sofa.

I apologize, but the teacher in me, made me do it.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am not sure where you would place a roll away in a balcony.  Minis and suites have a fold out sofa.

I apologize, but the teacher in me, made me do it.

The rollaway in quad accommodating mini and suites is used in lieu of the upper bunk.  In balconies, it specifies that space is severely restricted.  And probably they only allow 1.

I spent 2 weeks in the top bunk on the Enchanted (I prefer the bunks on the older ships, honestly...). I'll add that there are guard rails along the side of the bunk bed where it faces out towards the room. They're short, but it would take dangerous, not just rough, waters for someone to be bounced out of the bunk bed and come crashing down on the person below. The type of situation where the ship would likely stay in port rather than risk being on open water. Same for the entire bunk bed collapsing on the person below; those things are solid steel construction, attached to the ceilings on Enchanted/Discovery, and also attached to the walls in the older ships, and it would be insanely risky for Princess to skirt regulations in building them-- the lawsuits alone, if it were to happen, would bankrupt them.