Royal Caribbean Drink & Food Prices - Are these in US or AUD for Cruises Leaving Australia

56 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

How much wine can you take on to RCL ships, is it just 2 per cabin or can you take more & pay corkage?

Can you buy bottles of spirits through room service like you could on Princess?

How long ago did you do get spirits delivered on Princess? We have done it on HAL, but I can't recall Princess offering it.

Just the two bottles per cabin on Royal 

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home.

23 hours ago, arxcards said:

How long ago did you do get spirits delivered on Princess? We have done it on HAL, but I can't recall Princess offering it.

Just the two bottles per cabin on Royal 

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home.

Thanks for that Geoff.

The last time we bought spirits through room service or prior to sailing was November 2019. Just before covid shutdown of course. 

We definitely bought spirits through room service on Coral in June. Could think of nothing else to buy with non-refundable OBC. The spirits used to be listed in the cabin directory but seeing we no longer have that, we rang room service. Half size spirits. $20 Crown Royale and $25 Johnny Walker. We packed them to take home as had drinks package. Not sure what other range they offered but all half size bottles.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

We definitely bought spirits through room service on Coral in June. Could think of nothing else to buy with non-refundable OBC. The spirits used to be listed in the cabin directory but seeing we no longer have that, we rang room service. Half size spirits. $20 Crown Royale and $25 Johnny Walker. We packed them to take home as had drinks package. Not sure what other range they offered but all half size bottles.

That's good to know. It's definitely a good option if you don't have a drink package.  The prices don't seem to have changed either. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 9:48 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Your onboard account will be in USD and charged at the end of your cruise. Request that it is charged to your credit card in USD not AUD otherwise you will get a very, very bad exchange rate ( Google Dynamic Currency Conversion). If possible use a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.

I sentiment this post exactly! Use an Aussie credit card and ask them to charge in USD!!! If need be, even open a bank account that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees before departing just for this alone, it does make a big difference and choose one that has favourable exchange rates over others. From experience, I can recommend Citibank.

(I also use this account/card whenever I travel overseas, cruising or not). I have not been able to find a bank that's been able to challenge them in any of the above yet, even on exchange rates. If someone can prove me wrong, please do! The alternative would be to find a great exchange rate before boarding and purchase US dollars and settle the account via cash onboard before disembarkation. 

On 8/24/2022 at 9:44 AM, queenslander said:

If you have loyalty on RCI I believe you are now given drink vouchers to use at any bar at anytime during the day. 4 for Diamond, 5 for Diamond Plus and 6 for Pinnacle. I will get 5 so I will be quite happy with that arrangement! 

You need a hell of a lot of cruising nights to reach that level though, geez! That's not the average person asking these sorts of questions here nor would they have the need to! They would have that knowledge. 

This information is of no use to the og poster and is an obvious way to flex your status of which nobody cares. 🙄

5 minutes ago, kippeth said:

You need a hell of a lot of cruising nights to reach that level though, geez! That's not the average person asking these sorts of questions here nor would they have the need to! They would have that knowledge. 

This information is of no use to the og poster and is an obvious way to flex your status of which nobody cares. 🙄

Royal need to go to onboard AUD for Australian cruises.

I have heard so many people say I’m not going Royal because it is in USD.

The competition has this over Royal. Buying everything in advance on the cruise planner before the cruise in AUD isn’t the answer either.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kippeth said:

I don’t understand your comment or the term 'og' poster. 

There are now many Royal cruisers with loyalty who appreciate the new drink vouchers system instead of having a limited session in the Diamond club before dinner that used to be very crowded at times and perhaps still is to a certain extent.

With the voucher system we now have the choice to go to other bars if the Diamond Club gets too crowded. I think that there are some cruisers with loyalty who haven’t cruised for a while and perhaps didn’t know about the voucher system. A friend explained it to me so I was just passing on that information. 

There was no intention to 'flex my status' as I don’t need to do that and I don’t appreciate your derogatory comment. I was just explaining the voucher system which helps to avoid paying for a drink package or even paying for single drinks in $US. I think many people appreciate this reward for their loyalty. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1