Puerta Plata Ocean World reviews?

travelgip

I'll be there end of January 2023 and wanted to go there to swim with the dolphins and maybe do some sea lion encounter.  Has anyone been here/done that & what did you think?  Is it worth the money?  How is the park?

Thank you

We were there in April 2022 on another cruise line with our 8 and 10 yr old granddaughters.  We had a really good time.  It's a smaller  venue than say "Sea World" but the employees, divers, etc. were all very personable and included you in all the shows.  My granddaughters did the dolphin swim and loved it.  Attached are a couple of photos.  The views were beautiful from the rooftop restaurant and the prices for food and drinks were very reasonable.  I was glad we decided to do it.

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

It is probably worth it if you swim with the dolphins. If you just go to see the animals and shows you will have a LONG day ahead of you. Just a heads up, the “buffet” is the worst food I’ve ever had. Like half as good as school lunches.

Visited in July 2022. Clean nice place but a four hour excursion on a ship tour was about an hour too long if not paying for the extra experiences (dolphin swim etc.). I have to agree that the included buffet was horrible. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 3:30 PM, Joegdvc said:

Visited in July 2022. Clean nice place but a four hour excursion on a ship tour was about an hour too long if not paying for the extra experiences (dolphin swim etc.). I have to agree that the included buffet was horrible. 

We are going in March.  We have a 5 hour time at Ocean World including the Dolphin Encounter.  We also feel that this will be too long for us.  Are there Taxi's at Ocean World to get back to the port?