Traveling with friend separate cabins

jeter55

I am planning on traveling with a friend in separate cabins next summer if one of us had to cancel for a covered reason what options does the other person have?  Neither one wants to go if that should happen. Is there type of insurance that could cover that ?

11 minutes ago, jeter55 said:

I am planning on traveling with a friend in separate cabins next summer if one of us had to cancel for a covered reason what options does the other person have?  Neither one wants to go if that should happen. Is there type of insurance that could cover that ?

We have that situation sometimes.

We get our travel insurance through www.TripInsuranceStore.com

They are a broker and work with several vetted travel insurers.
CALL them (don't rely upon only the short online policy summaries), and ask them about this situation, and any other questions you may have.

GC

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

You're from NY so, Cancel For Any Reason is out of the question.

I'm not familiar with NY insurance regs, but there shouldn't be any need for CFAR coverage if what they want is "all or none", meaning if one can't go for a covered reason, they all get refunds, etc.

We do that with traveling companions who reside at a different address... no claim that they are family or such.

GC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

We do that with traveling companions who reside at a different address... no claim that they are family or such.

GC

I don't recall seeing a policy that includes "friends" traveling with you or "friends" not traveling with you. I have seen policies that cover "Family" traveling with you and/or "Family" not traveling with you.

But, I have been known to be mistaken once in a while. 😉

8 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I don't recall seeing a policy that includes "friends" traveling with you or "friends" not traveling with you. I have seen policies that cover "Family" traveling with you and/or "Family" not traveling with you.

But, I have been known to be mistaken once in a while. 😉

We've worked with Steve, to get policies that would indeed work this way, should something happen to one of us, etc.

I'm assuming that there is some linkage when the policies are purchased.  We do them at the same time (and we pay for all of it, although I doubt that part matters).

I'd have to go back and look at the policies, but perhaps it's written as "traveling companions"??  But I'm not sure what the wording is, exactly.

GC