Deluxe Beverage Package

Scotico

Just noticed the beverage package is on sale for Labor Day.  Do you know if we need to pay for it now or does it come out of the credit card once you board the ship?  I was under the impression that you give your credit card information but nothing comes out until you sail.

58 minutes ago, hyster said:

its worth buying now if you only need 1 deluxe beverage package. if you need 2, buy 1 get 1 50% off is a better deal.  

I think the sale is BOGO 50% off (25% off per person).  We are only getting 2.  One thing I noticed and surprised is that RCCL does not force you to get a beverage package for all cruisers in your cabin.  I will also have my 8 year old and 5 year old in the cabin and I was expecting the cruise line to force us to get them the refreshment or classic soda package.

7 hours ago, Scotico said:

I think the sale is BOGO 50% off (25% off per person).  We are only getting 2.  One thing I noticed and surprised is that RCCL does not force you to get a beverage package for all cruisers in your cabin.  I will also have my 8 year old and 5 year old in the cabin and I was expecting the cruise line to force us to get them the refreshment or classic soda package.

As shared above, and I saw it in my planner as well, although the word sale is shown there, when I do the math, it is not really a good sale. I took screenshots of the planner earlier this week so I could compare the prices when the labor Day sale was launched. Although some items are listed as 30% or 50% off, the price differences are like $3-$7 from monday. Some items, like the soda package is exactly the same price. I've read on here many times to just pay attention to the actual cost/price, not the sale percentage. Hopefully in your planner, the items you want are indeed significantly lower priced than yesterday or the day before. 

I've checked the DBP prices for my next cruise every day since I booked it.  They seem to be using $100 as the onboard price because the holiday sales have all shown a discount of 35% and a price of $65pp.  Once (no particular holiday) it was listed as BOGO50% with a price of $75pp for two.  I once saw the price at $78 with no discounts/sales, but that was early on.  Otherwise, it's been listed at $70, but with no sale/discount banners.  Again, just look at the final dollar amount and ignore the flashy sale banners.

• Thanks 1