Acceptable Covid test for unvaxxed- Onpoint??

redcruzer

does anyone know about the company Onpoint? Am I able to use the covid tests delivered from the Post Office? how does it work? do i just facetime them and take a test with them observing and then they send me an email saying im negative? Is this acceptable to board the ship?

On 9/4/2022 at 8:08 PM, redcruzer said:

does anyone know about the company Onpoint? Am I able to use the covid tests delivered from the Post Office? how does it work? do i just facetime them and take a test with them observing and then they send me an email saying im negative? Is this acceptable to board the ship?

Yes it is. 

I've a similar service and test when I was out of the country and needed to take the test to fly home.  If it's the same, they will have you take the test on camera, and watch the results for 15 minutes.  They will then send  you a report by email almost immediately.

Just an FYI.. had the new variant 2 months ago (am fully vaccinated).. started feeling sick on a Sunday, but the home test kits did not show a positive result until Tuesday.  Got on antivirals on Tues, and felt better by Thursday, but continued to test positive until the following Weds.. (about 10 days).  This seems to be the norm with the new variants so don't be surprised if people start getting sick when you are on board. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 11:46 AM, spleenstomper said:

I just booked my test for Friday. The box has to be factory sealed and I believe it was $18. There were plenty of time slots to choose from.

Booked where? I'm going crazy trying to find one. I honestly think if msc requires this they should offer it! I would gladly pay a fee, but this is stress I don't need! Our flight lands in naples morning of Oct 14, we embark 8am next day. I heard taking it here beforehand is too early, plus it's a US test. Lol, I have like 6 from the post office.  I thought I could just use them

29 minutes ago, Missymssy said:

Booked where? I'm going crazy trying to find one. I honestly think if msc requires this they should offer it! I would gladly pay a fee, but this is stress I don't need! Our flight lands in naples morning of Oct 14, we embark 8am next day. I heard taking it here beforehand is too early, plus it's a US test. Lol, I have like 6 from the post office.  I thought I could just use them

Here you go: https://onpoint-testing.com. You can use one from the post office as long as it is unopened.

Edited by spleenstomper

On 9/6/2022 at 11:02 PM, 9876 said:

The website states lab administered. Does a person watching count? 

I am wondering the same. I was told today by MSC that it had to be lab administered. Would love to know if an unvaccinated person who sailed to the Caribbean in the past few weeks had success using OnTouch. 

• Like 1