Starlink Satellite Internet rollout timeline?

vettesale

I believe RCL said that they will have all their fleet converted to Starlink satellite internet by Q1 2023 but, is there a more detailed timeline list? I'm looking to go on some cruise before then and want to see if starlink internet will be available on them.

Did the Freedom OTS keep their starlink setup?

Thanks.

I haven't seen a timeline but there are reports (with pictures) from onboard Indy that it is already being installed.

I don't see why it wouldn't still be operational on Freedom. No reason to install all those dishes just to remove them.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2022 at 9:55 AM, OCSC Mike said:

I haven't seen a timeline but there are reports (with pictures) from onboard Indy that it is already being installed.

I don't see why it wouldn't still be operational on Freedom. No reason to install all those dishes just to remove them.

yes, its been in use for 6 months. 

On 9/6/2022 at 9:51 AM, vettesale said:

I believe RCL said that they will have all their fleet converted to Starlink satellite internet by Q1 2023 but, is there a more detailed timeline list? I'm looking to go on some cruise before then and want to see if starlink internet will be available on them.

Did the Freedom OTS keep their starlink setup?

Thanks.

The entire fleet should be done by March 2023 (so let's assume this to mean 3/31/23). Freedom class ships are getting it first, since they already have an installation template from the Freedom OTS test project. Then, it is likely to be Voyager class ships as they are similar to Freedom.

Source: Captain's Corner onboard Oasis 9/10/22.