Cruises disappeared from Royal Caribbean website

daveb714

I was looking into a Royal Caribbean cruise next year leaving from Tokyo and ending in Singapore.  Before I had the opportunity to book the cruise most of the cruises on the ship (Spectrum of the Seas) disappeared from the web site.  I called Royal Caribbean and they could not explain what happened and they noted that there was now an 11 month gap for cruises on this ship.  He just recommended I keep checking back.  Can anyone give any insight on what might have happened to all those cruises?

In the event that they do reappear, I was interested in hearing from people who have done a cruise like that.  I believe the ship is permanently based in Asia and I'm wondering how different that experience will be.  Are the food choices and entertainment different than ships based outside of Asia?  Will I find it much different than cruises in other parts of the world?

23 minutes ago, daveb714 said:

Can anyone give any insight on what might have happened to all those cruises?

Spectrum sailings that far out are just now being loaded into the system so you’ll need to wait a bit till the system is properly set up. The Singapore Cruise Society page on FB has reviews of the ship. 

I cruised Spectrum December 2019, from Hong Kong. Japan and Philippines. Absolutely fabulous trip. The ship is beautiful, we had a silver junior suite which was lovely. 

I don't remember it being very different to cruising in other parts of the world, other than there were more Asian guests and some more Asian food options. But the vast majority of guests were caucasian and the majority of menu items were the same as other Royal Caribbean ships. 

We loved it. Couldn't fault the ship or the service.