Anyone Unvaccinated Sailing with Stops in Spain Since the New Rules Were Implemented?

ugagrad97

Curious what the on board testing might look like to get off at the different ports in Spain.  Barcelona and Palma I guess are the two I can think of.  Did you test on board?  How many days in advance?  PCR or rapid antigen?  No judgement.  No opinions.  No criticism.  Facts only please.  Everyone has made their personal choice and this was ours. 

My husband and I are not vaccinated and we will be taking the Epic out of Barcelona on the 25th.  So we're just wondering what to expect.  We know we have to have a negative test to board but weren't sure what to expect when the Palma port comes around or what to expect on the final day when we get back off in Barcelona.

24 minutes ago, ugagrad97 said:

Curious what the on board testing might look like to get off at the different ports in Spain.  Barcelona and Palma I guess are the two I can think of.  Did you test on board?  How many days in advance?  PCR or rapid antigen?  No judgement.  No opinions.  No criticism.  Facts only please.  Everyone has made their personal choice and this was ours. 

My husband and I are not vaccinated and we will be taking the Epic out of Barcelona on the 25th.  So we're just wondering what to expect.  We know we have to have a negative test to board but weren't sure what to expect when the Palma port comes around or what to expect on the final day when we get back off in Barcelona.

Hi 

Unvaccinated visitors to Spain just need a negative test certificate on Embarkation.   Covid status is not checked at ports of call, only at airports/ferry ports entering Spain from another country 

14 hours ago, deniseatnycs said:

Hi 

Unvaccinated visitors to Spain just need a negative test certificate on Embarkation.   Covid status is not checked at ports of call, only at airports/ferry ports entering Spain from another country 

That would be great.  How do you know this though?  Are you on board now? 

The country guidance for Spain says you could be tested periodically on board. 

Allowing unvaccinated persons on board is brand new this week.  So there's only one cruise that has gone out, visiting Spain, with anyone unvaccinated on board.  The Epic left Barcelona on the 4th and then it picked up more in Rome on the 6th.  Those folks aren't even back yet.