Celebrity Drinks Packages

bonox55

G'day All,

Have mostly travelled Princess and always opt for the Princess Plus package which includes a drinks package and free wi-fi. Was looking at Celebrity Cruises for an itinerary in the South Pacific and somewhat confused as to what is included in the cruise fare.

On some sights it states cruise fare includes a drinks package and free wi-fi. But when I go to do a trial booking, wording in what is included in the fare makes no mention of any drinks packages for free wi-fi.

Am I missing something, or are we being discriminated against? Has anyone travelled Celebrity within Aus and received these additional benefits free?

Paul

Are you talking about the “all included” cruise fare price? As opposed to the cruise only price. With the added price you get basic Wi-Fi, a classic drinks package and service charges included. I believe you can upgrade the Wi-Fi and drink package. I’m not sure if this is available for all sailings. Maybe someone else would know?

It is MY understanding that Celebrity fares advertising in Australia automatically include the "ALWAYS INCLUDED" package. That's tips, standard beverage package and basic WiFi (I believe one device per cabin).

Perhaps somewhere during the booking process you can opt OUT of this package to get a lower price. 

I firmly believe they do that ALWAYS INCLUDED package because us Australians have a reputation to stiff the crew for tips...😉

They have changed things a bit, and it appears the generic prices are for fare only. After a couple of clicks to select cruise, no of passengers, cabin type - you come to this fork in the road. Whatever you select at that point will carry through your booking.

Capture_44.thumb.jpg.1a7d376e774455091f3c4cb4dcd982cd.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up. We booked a Celebrity Edge cruise what feels like 10 years ago, and that looks like a bit of a price drop.

Edited by arxcards

G'day again,

You're right. When I progressed further along the booking process, I found the two separate pricing structures. But my question still remains - are we being discriminated against? Appears as though any Celebrity Cruise apart from the Aus/Nz Itineraries are all inclusive in the fare. Do they regard us all as big drinkers and that they would lose on the deal?

Paul

20 minutes ago, bonox55 said:

G'day again,

You're right. When I progressed further along the booking process, I found the two separate pricing structures. But my question still remains - are we being discriminated against? Appears as though any Celebrity Cruise apart from the Aus/Nz Itineraries are all inclusive in the fare. Do they regard us all as big drinkers and that they would lose on the deal?

Paul

It the fare includes drinks, you can be sure the amount has been added to the basic fare. No cruise line gives away the drinks.

I think they are just looking to throw out a more attractive lead-in price, as they have some cabins to move. Not everyone gets a benefit from paying extra for a drinks package, so the inclusive fares look expensive to them. They buy their alcohol free of taxes and duties, so they are better off having us on drink packages - they certainly don't lose.

Turns out we booked with a non-refundable deposit, so we will have to lose to win. Even after forfeiting our $400 deposit, we will be $350 better off and will have $200 OBC as well.

G'day again,

Seems as though I've been kidding myself . I have since checked a similar cruise with Princess, and Celebrities Inclusive fare is on a park with Princess's Plus fare. 

No fool like an old fool I guess.

Paul.

4 minutes ago, bonox55 said:

G'day again,

Seems as though I've been kidding myself . I have since checked a similar cruise with Princess, and Celebrities Inclusive fare is on a park with Princess's Plus fare. 

No fool like an old fool I guess.

Paul.

That is a good deal. Celebrity is normally a bit dearer. Are you looking at Eclipse for this summer, or Edge for next summer?