Boarding Group Times

Mara4166

On our November Sky sailing, the first boarding group is listed as 13:00 at Port Everglades.  I thought boarding usually started around 11 or 12. I expected to see the first group listed around 12 noon with the hope boarding would start a bit earlier.

Has anyone else seen a case where the 1st group is at 13:00, but they board before noon?  We were planning on arriving around 10:30 or 11:00 for priority boarding hopefully around 11:30.  We do not mind waiting an hour, but would prefer not to wait 2 hours.  It is the first Caribbean sailing for the year so am not certain if that makes any difference.

5 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

On our November Sky sailing, the first boarding group is listed as 13:00 at Port Everglades.  I thought boarding usually started around 11 or 12. I expected to see the first group listed around 12 noon with the hope boarding would start a bit earlier.

Has anyone else seen a case where the 1st group is at 13:00, but they board before noon?  We were planning on arriving around 10:30 or 11:00 for priority boarding hopefully around 11:30.  We do not mind waiting an hour, but would prefer not to wait 2 hours.  It is the first Caribbean sailing for the year so am not certain if that makes any difference.

Are you boarding on November 12?

If so, the ship has just returned from Europe and there may be a required Coast Guard inspection before new passengers can board. This could delay the normal starting boarding ti

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

If so, the ship has just returned from Europe and there may be a required Coast Guard inspection before new passengers can board. This could delay the normal starting boarding ti

Thank you.  Yes this is the cruise.  I thought there may be extra inspections required.  We may still go early just in case it is quick, but be prepared to wait 2 hours. 

We were hoping for lunch in the MDR, but if boarding does not start until 13:00 they might not open the MDR since I am reading that it usually closes at 13:30

2 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

Thank you.  Yes this is the cruise.  I thought there may be extra inspections required.  We may still go early just in case it is quick, but be prepared to wait 2 hours. 

We were hoping for lunch in the MDR, but if boarding does not start until 13:00 they might not open the MDR since I am reading that it usually closes at 13:30

I agree with @caribill could be special inspection plus coast guard.  Many times they are also changing crews.

Usually first boarding group is 11-1130. We are usually on by 1130.  
We’ve had these inspections and still boarded by 1230. MDR was still an option.  PE does a great job of turnarounds.

On 9/14/2022 at 3:29 AM, caribill said:

If this is the case, I believe the whole crew has to go through immigration.

• Like 1