Room Categories Between Ships

midwife

We have just had our cruise cancelled on MSC Opera where we had an SR1 category suite. We have been offered to swap to the equivalent category suite on MSC Bellissima. When I look at the deck plans for Bellissima they don’t have the SR1 room category. Does anyone know what is the equivalent category please? 

Peta

16 hours ago, midwife said:

Does anyone know what is the equivalent category please? 

The ships are so totally different, even if there is an "offical" equivalent category in reality the cabins are just not comparable. Overall being changed from Opera to Bellissima suite sounds not like a bad deal.

25 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

The ships are so totally different, even if there is an "offical" equivalent category in reality the cabins are just not comparable. Overall being changed from Opera to Bellissima suite sounds not like a bad deal.

So true; it's going from one of the oldest ships in fleet to one of the newer ones!... I believe it will be a Premium Aurea Suite, or at very least an Aurea balcony cabin, once the OP has an Aurea experience booked.

MSC Opera Barcelona to Dubai 26nights leaving the 1st November, I believe the 27th sailing is cancelled also. The Bellissina cruise is only 13. Not really the itinerary we wanted but we will enjoy it. 

Edited by midwife

6 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

So true; it's going from one of the oldest ships in fleet to one of the newer ones!... I believe it will be a Premium Aurea Suite, or at very least an Aurea balcony cabin, once the OP has an Aurea experience booked.

We wouldn’t be happy downgrading to a balcony when we have booked a suite. Might have to see what they can do for a Yacht Club suite😀

10 hours ago, midwife said:

We wouldn’t be happy downgrading to a balcony when we have booked a suite. Might have to see what they can do for a Yacht Club suite😀

I believe YC is out of question, unless it is an inside suite. As far as I know they usually manage those situations as per the experience one booked. You won't certainly be on less than a balcony Aurea which perhaps will be quite similar to the small suites on the older ship. YC inside? Some consider a downgrade, but it is actually an upgrade.