Use Covid negative self test with picture as proof to get on the ship? Has anyone done that?

gam888

We are sailing on the Anthem of the Seas in October. It sails from Southampton to the Carnary Islands. It says on the health protocol that if we are fully vaccinated and have our up to date boaster shot, we will need to provide a negative Covid test result that is done within 3 days of embarking. It also states that the Antigen test could be done at home by yourself, and does not have to be monitored by a professional. You can bring a print out as a proof, or provide a picture of yourself holding the negative test result. I wonder if anyone has done that lately to get onboard of a ship? It seems a bit strange to me that there is nothing in the picture that could definitively prove that you have done the test no more than 3 days from your embarkation date, and also it might not even be a test result that is really yours. I am wondering if I should still spend the money and get my Antigen test done properly at the pharmacy and get an official print out to show them at the pier. I would very much like to save the money and not have to do that, if Royal Caribbean would truly just accept someone showing them a picture of himself holding up a negative test with really no date or any real proof on it to indicate that it is really the test result of that particular individual. I don't want to be denied boarding if I just show them the picture and have someone says that is not acceptable. Although I called Royal and the agent claimed that it is OK. Has anyone just got on to a ship with just showing them a picture of yourself holding a negative test. I mean the little piece of plastic with the red line on it, without any official print out from a pharmacy. Thank you.

2 hours ago, scottraveller said:

I’m on Antgem at the moment and boarded using the NHS email confirming a negative test. I also took the negative test cassette with me and got through without any difficulty. The process was very straight forward and easy

IS that NHS email from scanning the QR code on the test itself.