Pricing to Purchase Bottles of Liquor for Cabin?

pf778c

I wasn't able to find any mention of this on existing threads.

When aboard my regular cruise line, I request a bottle of single malt so I can pour myself a nightcap before bed, or to sip while sitting out on the veranda.  I see that a few of my preferred malts are available in "On the Rocks", but was unable to locate any per bottle pricing.  Does anyone know if that is available?

Thanks!

You can use your Bar Tab for this purpose as well. In the Booty Free store, my bottles of Glenfidditch and Patron were about $8 less than they would have been at my local store, and without the taxes. It'll be more at the bars most likely, but that's what I paid at Booty Free on the final night of the cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

You can use your Bar Tab for this purpose as well. In the Booty Free store, my bottles of Glenfidditch and Patron were about $8 less than they would have been at my local store, and without the taxes. It'll be more at the bars most likely, but that's what I paid at Booty Free on the final night of the cruise. 

Thanks!  That's good to know.  I didn't even realize there WAS a Booty Free store.  Assuming they have one of my tipples in stock, is that something you can buy after sail away for the cruise, or is it only available for after debarkation?  I don't want to find out that they expect $300 for a bottle that retails at $80, based on the published 2 oz. pour pricing.

1 hour ago, pf778c said:

Thanks!  That's good to know.  I didn't even realize there WAS a Booty Free store.  Assuming they have one of my tipples in stock, is that something you can buy after sail away for the cruise, or is it only available for after debarkation?  I don't want to find out that they expect $300 for a bottle that retails at $80, based on the published 2 oz. pour pricing.

The stuff purchased in the Booty Free shop will be delivered to your cabin on the last night of the cruise... The bottles for sale at the bar for consumption on board will cost vastly more than the Booty Free store.

Pretty sure anything bought at the duty free alcohol store, or in port will be kept until the last night, you can’t drink it onboard.

The Manor menu does have  bottle service prices so that might give an indication of prices for bottles to drink onboard. For example Johnnie Walker is $65 for a half bottle. https://profcruise.com/virgin-voyages-bar-menus-and-drink-prices/

17 hours ago, pf778c said:

As others noted, you can't buy from the Booty Free store and take it with you to drink. The same rules apply as every other cruise line, they will hold the bottles until your final night of the cruise. Yes, the bottles will cost more at the Bar than at Booty Free but I honestly don't know how much more. They will have a set price for the bottles which you will discover when you get onboard. The bottle price most likely changes frequently depending on their wholesale costs and suppliers. 

Edited by WheresWalter

1 hour ago, WheresWalter said:

They will have a set price for the bottles which you will discover when you get onboard. The bottle price most likely changes frequently depending on their wholesale costs and suppliers. 

They have prices for half bottles listed on several menus including The Manor and the Beach Club, I wouldn’t expect them to vary there will be a set price.