Horizon sailing to ABC's

Theo1429

On 9/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, Theosprey247 said:

We are booked for July 2024 porting at Aruba, Bonaire, La Romana, and Amber Cove.   I wish Carnival did all 3 ABC islands in one sailing.  Oh well I guess I'll have to book an other cruise!

Carnival does all 3 on one sailing with 2 fun days at beginning and end each.  Did this in May and it was great!  Took the Kukukanuku excursion in Aruba during the day and sunset cruise later, Sea Cow in Bonaire plus an island bus tour and Mambo Beach in Curacao with a stop at the liqueur factory with 2 relaxing days on each end in the Havana area.  It was One Amazing Cruise.  Donkey is a great CD and the Sunny Girls Trio in the Atrium and teamed up with Playlist were great too.  Did I say One Amazing Cruise??!

Edited by 80sGal
Typo
  • Thanks 1

If you like to snorkel, on Aruba there are yellow painted stones on the side of the road around the island that mark dive from shore sites. There are multiple sites - we did get to three of them. We will go back to do more. 

Curaçao is our favorite though because of the town area with the pontoon bridge and the little shops and restaurants. Take an early excursion to Mambo Beach or one of the other beaches. But make sure to leave time to go thru the fort to the bridge and into the town area on the other side. 

11 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Carnival does all 3 on one sailing with 2 fun days at beginning and end each.  Did this in May and it was great!  Donkey is a great CD and the Sunny Girls Trio in the Atrium and teamed up with Playlist were great too.  Did I say One Amazing Cruise??!

We just got the Horizon yesterday! The itinerary is Awesome! Cookie is the cruise director now - love him so much. The Polaris string trio are in the Atrium - we might as well have just camped there at the bar. Loved the music! 

Edited by Seashell337
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 9:50 AM, Seashell337 said:

We just got the Horizon yesterday! The itinerary is Awesome! Cookie is the cruise director now - love him so much. The Polaris string trio are in the Atrium - we might as well have just camped there at the bar. Loved the music! 

Gabby and Missy were also great in the Atrium.

+1 on Cookie.. One of the best CDs I've seen in Carnival.

9/17 ABC sailing..

On 9/29/2022 at 2:04 PM, J0urn3yman said:

Gabby and Missy were also great in the Atrium.

+1 on Cookie.. One of the best CDs I've seen in Carnival.

9/17 ABC sailing..

Hey! We will be on the same sailing! Cookie is easily our favorite CD in the fleet.

Just did that cruise last week…..sigh take me back

Aruba - check out Lucy’s for Taco Tuesday. $5 margs and tacos were $1-$5 depending on your filling. Followed up with a relaxing sunset cruise. 

Bonaire - loved this port. Not too built up yet. Took the carnival bike tour. I think it was 96 out and the bikes were ummmm challenging. That’s a one and done. 

Curaçao- we had a day pass at the Marriott. Contact them direct for a much better deal than resort for the day. It poured but we still had a great time. 

We had an inside in Havana so we barely left that area during the day. The staff in Havana are fantastic.

Food was ok. Go to Jiji’s early in the week for lunch. Last two sea days they were on huge waits to get in. 

17 hours ago, cuccicruisers said:

Just did that cruise last week…..sigh take me back

Aruba - check out Lucy’s for Taco Tuesday. $5 margs and tacos were $1-$5 depending on your filling. Followed up with a relaxing sunset cruise. 

Bonaire - loved this port. Not too built up yet. Took the carnival bike tour. I think it was 96 out and the bikes were ummmm challenging. That’s a one and done. 

Curaçao- we had a day pass at the Marriott. Contact them direct for a much better deal than resort for the day. It poured but we still had a great time. 

We had an inside in Havana so we barely left that area during the day. The staff in Havana are fantastic.

Food was ok. Go to Jiji’s early in the week for lunch. Last two sea days they were on huge waits to get in. 

(immediately checks cruise manager to see if cruise is docked in Aruba on a Tuesday" ......WE ARE!!!! YES!!!!

• Like 1