Any Seabourner's ever sail on Hurtigruten?

robertmartha

Fellow Seaborn guests... I know the lines are VERY different..but may have the opportunity to sail on Hurtigruten next year

Would love your perspective, observations and candid experience.

Having sailed on Seabourn right before the pandemic and looking forward to boarding again in 15 days!!!!!.. from day one on our first sailing my wife and I looked at each other and both said there is no going back to a mainstream line....and that was after our first sailing on Seabourn!

TY!

Bob

• Like 1

I have been researching Hurtigruten recently because my beloved Seabourn guest services manager is now working on a Hurtigruten ship.

Have you watched online videos and read online reviews yet?  They are quite informative.

Yes, obviously, the two lines are rooted in different worlds.  I haven't sailed with Hurtigruten yet, but based on my experience on Lindblad/National Geographic (which, by the way, is on a higher price point than Hurtigruten), these expedition lines attract a very different clientele who are in general low maintenance and rather down-to-earth and whose focus is adventure and expeditions.  You won't encounter guests whose priorities are luxury and caviar.

Edited by sfvoyage
spelling
  • Like 4

Thanks sfvoyage

Totally agree with your comments from what I have viewed and read so far.

Thinking for certain itineraries an expedition line is the way to go to be able to really get out there and make the most of the ports. While we luv the upscale experience on Seabourn (and are so looking forward to be getting away and back on board to simply relax and see new parts of the world)...if we have the opportunity we may try a sailing on Hurtigruten. 

• Like 1