NCL vs RCL December Pricing Confusion

cusematt4

Hi all,

We've cruised with NCL and RCL and both seem to offer a pretty comparable experience new ship wise and quality wise.

We are looking to cruise over the holidays or New years from NY which I know is the most expensive.  RCL unfortunately still has the Anthem of the Seas with most of the same entertainment except some potentially different fly on acts with everything almost identical from our two prior cruises on the Anthem.  Even trivia and Name that Tune seem to be the same.

An 8 day cruise on the Anthem vs the Getaway is almost double the price on the Getaway compared to the Anthem for the same category rooms.  Does anyone know why NCL may be charging double?

Does anyone think cruises may come down if they are this insanely priced?  I've been monitoring for the past month and the prices haven't come down with final payment having passed.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

$7,200 for 2 rooms for 4 people vs $3,700 with RCL for the same 8 nights and same itinerary.  Would rather try NCL but having a hard time justifying the significant price difference.

Curious if the rates you are seeing include the NCL "free at sea" add ons, which of course are not free.  I come up with close to that for a free at sea balcony on Getaway for the 8 day on Dec 23rd. 

To compare apples to apples....   Do you intend to add the RCL deluxe beverage package?  That will add $1920 to the RCL total. Add  ~$300 for specialty dining and ~$300 for internet..  that brings the totals closer at $6220 for the Anthem cruise. And I didn't include the gratuities for the add ons on RCL.  YMMV

Either sounds like a great time.