Kids Program

richbum

I tried looking on Carnivals website...but got locked out....Can anyone tell me about the kids program for 1 year olds. Can you leave your child for a few hours like the older programs...or is it where you stay with them?

Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, richbum said:

I tried looking on Carnivals website...but got locked out....Can anyone tell me about the kids program for 1 year olds. Can you leave your child for a few hours like the older programs...or is it where you stay with them?

Thanks in advance

Children this young would only be eligible for the night owls program that you pay hourly for. 

2 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

Children this young would only be eligible for the night owls program that you pay hourly for. 

I have not cruised since prior to Covid, but we are getting ready to cruise again with our kids in about 30 days.  I do not believe this is correct.  Carnival has a dedicated section on their website about "under 2s" and activities in Camp Ocean.  From what I understand, everything for under 2s is at an hourly fee if you want to leave them in camp by themselves on port days.  Check these things out:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1077/~/camp-ocean-infants-under-2%3A-things-to-know

I will report back after our return in early November about what I learned/experienced as we are cruising with 3 kids: 17mos, 4yrs, and 6yrs. 

15 minutes ago, CruisinRach said:

Here’s the schedule from the August 20th sailing on the Legend…

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you for posting this; very helpful.  Can you confirm that for port days, programming for under two's began at/around the time of port arrival?  What did they advise about picking up the under twos for lunch/dinner times, as I don't believe they feed the under twos in Camp nor do they take them up to Lido like they do the Penguins (2-5) or Stingrays (6-8).  

Princess Cay and Amber Cove drop off was pretty much when we arrived in the morning, but you had to pick them up before lunch by 11:45. Since we didn’t get into Grand Turk until 11 they had the drop off that day start after lunch at 1 and pick up before dinner by 5. Yeah, they don’t feed the under 2s at all which makes sense. There was a fee for port days for the under 2s, but the 1 day in amber cove when we tried leaving him just to stay onboard and hang by serenity he wasn’t having it. They called us after about 40 mins that he wouldn’t stop crying (17 months) so we picked him up and they told us they weren’t going to charge us since he wasn’t there that long, so I’m not sure how much it was supposed to be. Looking at the schedule for my daughters age group the 2 - 5, they did feed them only on port days not on sea days though. Closed sea days 12 - 2 and 5 - 7. We sail again from Baltimore on Saturday, so I’ll update with new schedules if anything is different.

Pre-Covid in 2019 I remember the morning time on some sea days ran for 2 hrs.     8 -10, instead of just the 8-9 for the under 2s. There was an option to stay and play with them for free or you could drop and leave for those 2 hrs and be charged, which our 6 month old allowed us to take advantage of. In August they didn’t offer the morning drop and pay, luckily our kids slept till about 8 most days so we weren’t able to make that 8-9 under 2 window.