Carnival's Mahogany Bay port excursions

hctraveler

I've been told the distance from the ship to where you would board an excursion vehicle is a long ways.  You have to go thru an area of venders to the outside then get a taxi to where the excursions are located.  My question is are there vehicles to handle my scooter or will I have to drive over the hill to the bus?  and will my wife have to ride the taxi by herself?  And are the Carnival sponsored excursion pickup point different than the private ones?  I have a  booking with a private co. but thinking of changing to a Sage excursion.  

The other question I have is,  the excursion I have booked wanted cash when we board.  We can use a credit card, but the price when up like 20% due to some taxes they have to pay.  Is this correct?   

Yes, it's a long haul down the pier, and then through a store.

For Carnival excursions, once you get through the store, the meeting place is right there. For private excursions, you will need to get up the hill to the gate. Some people will take a taxi. Whether or not you can get the scooter in the taxi will be dependent on the taxi.

In terms of cash versus card, just pay cash. Remember, you'll also be hit with a fee from your bank.