Passport Card

Special Ed

Hi y'all. Wife and I head up to Baltimore tomorrow in advance of our Bermuda cruise departing Friday. I believe I can use my Passport Card. Can anyone who's gone Baltimore to Bermuda and used a passport card confirm I'm right about this? Just my nerves about things going wrong starting to kick in - always happens when I travel. Thank you!

EDIT: Royal Caribbean's website says passport cards are accepted so that answers my question. Not sure why I didn't see it before. Sorry for the interruption.

Edited by Special Ed
Found answer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Special Ed said:

Hi y'all. Wife and I head up to Baltimore tomorrow in advance of our Bermuda cruise departing Friday. I believe I can use my Passport Card. Can anyone who's gone Baltimore to Bermuda and used a passport card confirm I'm right about this? Just my nerves about things going wrong starting to kick in - always happens when I travel. Thank you!

You need to check your cruise line's documentation requirements, which can be found on their website. 

While it generally would be allowed under US and Bermuda government regulations, cruise lines have the right to impose more stringent rules such as requiring a passport.

5 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

You need to check your cruise line's documentation requirements, which can be found on their website. 

While it generally would be allowed under US and Bermuda government regulations, cruise lines have the right to impose more stringent rules such as requiring a passport.

Thank you. Royal's website does say 'Passport Card' so I'm good to go. I appreciate the response.

55 minutes ago, taxgal said:

Just remember, you can't fly internationally on a passport card....just fyi.

Which is a fair point-- if you had to leave Bermuda by air because of any sort of emergency you would be at a significant disadvantage not having your actual passport with you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 6:38 PM, princeton123211 said:

Which is a fair point-- if you had to leave Bermuda by air because of any sort of emergency you would be at a significant disadvantage not having your actual passport with you. 

Thanks. Fortunately, I did not have to leave Bermuda by air so all was well. Was nice to have my passport card vs. the full size passport. Easier to carry and store.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:59 PM, moposh said:

Did you get your Bermuda Travel Authorization?

Have fun!!

Our TAs were approved and sent to us over a week prior to the cruise. We didn't experience the last minute thing so many people have reported.

• Like 2