Butcher’s Cut Chef’s table

indstate3333

Is a Chef’s Table meal still offered at Butcher’s Cut restaurants.  We were on the Seaside in 2019 having a great dinner when our waiter suggested the “Chef’s Table” reservations for our next meal.  We never saw it advertised but decided to take a chance.  It was the best dinner we ever had on a cruise ship.  It was around $100 per person at that time.  We are on the Seascape in September 2023 and hoping the Chef’s table is still being offered.

14 hours ago, JT1962 said:

It was offered on Meraviglia in January and is in the pre-purchase options for my upcoming Divina cruise for $ 99.95.

Thanks!!!  That is great news.  If anybody is wondering….they took reservations for 8 guests at each sitting.  It was my wife, me, and 6 others who me have never met.  The Chef does NOT come out and cook for you. It is served in courses. The table is very close to the kitchen area and away from the other customers.  You are served a huge serving display of Seafood (shrimp, oysters, lobster, crab).  The 8 of us ate almost all of it.  You are served soup, marrow (which we did not like), 3 different types of meat (filet, bison, I forget the 3rd type), and a choice of a dessert.  We had wine paired with 2 of the courses and the servers were outstanding.  The meal lasted approximately 2 hours.  Like i said before, this was the best meal we ever had on a cruise (Carnival, RC, and MSC).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2022 at 9:26 AM, indstate3333 said:

Thanks!!!  That is great news.  If anybody is wondering….they took reservations for 8 guests at each sitting.  It was my wife, me, and 6 others who me have never met.  The Chef does NOT come out and cook for you. It is served in courses. The table is very close to the kitchen area and away from the other customers.  You are served a huge serving display of Seafood (shrimp, oysters, lobster, crab).  The 8 of us ate almost all of it.  You are served soup, marrow (which we did not like), 3 different types of meat (filet, bison, I forget the 3rd type), and a choice of a dessert.  We had wine paired with 2 of the courses and the servers were outstanding.  The meal lasted approximately 2 hours.  Like i said before, this was the best meal we ever had on a cruise (Carnival, RC, and MSC).

This looks awesome and good news I could book as a solo.  Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have more recent experience with this? Because from the current description it doesn't sound like it's a surprise menu anymore (and I don't know if you still share the table with strangers).

The experience includes a tailored Menu, made by the Chef exclusively for your table, composed of:

• 1 shellfish platter to share
  • 1 appetizer
  • 1 dry aged ribeye with sauces and sides selection
  • 1 chocolate lava cake
  • 2 glasses of New World wines

It doesn't seem to be anything special that you couldn't just order as additions to the regular Dining Experience for about the same price, and with more flexibility. And if you already have a drinks package (particularly EAsy Plus or Premium), 2 glasses of unspecified wine is not a big selling point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/29/2022 at 11:37 AM, HipHipOnAShip said:

Bumping this topic as I am sailing solo and was wondering the same thing. Is it a table for 8?  What if less than that book?  What if I am the only one to book?  

Would like to get more information.  Thanks!

What was your experience as a solo cruiser and chef's table hiphop? I'm solo cruising for my birthday this winter.

J

On 9/29/2022 at 12:26 PM, indstate3333 said:

Had not heard of this--sounds great

Will look for it next time