Vegetarians - new menus

mike x ftc

Hi, does anyone know if P&O still have the separate vegetarian menu??  I've read a lot recently about reduced menus. They used to give vegetarian guests a veggie menu the day before along with the next days main menu to make their selection.  Is this still a thing??  We're on Arcadia in December and just getting a bit concerned about lack of choices.

Thanks

We are on day 12 of 14 onboard Britannia. The main lunch and dinner menus in all restaurants we have been in have had a least one veggie selection on for starter, soup and main, and more for desserts. There is even more choice for coeliacs; my daughter has never had a problem in the main restaurants, and our waiter in the Peninsular always gives her the next day's menu so she can pre-order is she wishes. There is always plenty of veggie choice at breakfast in the main restaurants too.

If you are a veggie and disappointed that you cannot have marshmallows, for example, you will be pleased to know that veggie marshmallows are universally used, and many dishes that traditionally contain gelatin, such as panna cotta, are made vegetarian.

21 hours ago, Fionboard said:

No separate veggie menu but noticeably more veggie choices on menus than there used to be. 

Thanks for that .. I’ve tried looking for some sample menus but all the ones I’ve seen just have one main course 😟 was that right? Not much of a choice then

On 9/29/2022 at 10:28 PM, TigerB said:

We are on day 12 of 14 onboard Britannia. The main lunch and dinner menus in all restaurants we have been in have had a least one veggie selection on for starter, soup and main, and more for desserts. There is even more choice for coeliacs; my daughter has never had a problem in the main restaurants, and our waiter in the Peninsular always gives her the next day's menu so she can pre-order is she wishes. There is always plenty of veggie choice at breakfast in the main restaurants too.

If you are a veggie and disappointed that you cannot have marshmallows, for example, you will be pleased to know that veggie marshmallows are universally used, and many dishes that traditionally contain gelatin, such as panna cotta, are made vegetarian.

I was really impressed with this recently. I'm vegetarian, and also gluten-free, which can be a tricky combination! However, so many of the desserts that on other cruise lines wouldn't be veggie because of gelatine are made veggie on P&O (and even better, a lot are also GF). It's really nice to be able to have some decent desserts for a change.

22 hours ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

I was really impressed with this recently. I'm vegetarian, and also gluten-free, which can be a tricky combination! However, so many of the desserts that on other cruise lines wouldn't be veggie because of gelatine are made veggie on P&O (and even better, a lot are also GF). It's really nice to be able to have some decent desserts for a change.

That also impressed my daughter, who had a huge array of GF desserts to choose from, and those that weren't (in the restaurants) could be adapted to be so with notice.

• Like 1